Melisaw24

Delinquency

I just checked my credit report and I found out that 2 serious delinquency are listed from March and Nov 2007. I lost my job in 2007 and I was behind 60 days in my auto payment and unpaid $30 from express store. The loan for my auto is paid off, but I believe it has been affecting my score all along. My question is , how long more would the negative report stays in my report , and would it make a big difference in my credit score once it is taken off ?

Starting Score: 630
Current Score: 630
Goal Score: 700

Mega Contributor
RobertEG

Re: Delinquency

Delinquencies of less than 90 days are minor delinquencies, and lose most of their scoting impact after approx 2 years.

Any monthly delinquency must be excluded from your credit report no later than 7 years from its individual date of occurence.

Melisaw24

Thanks a lot, I feel a little better.

Starting Score: 630
Current Score: 630
Goal Score: 700

Community Leader
Valued Contributor
HoldingOntoHope

And if these two are the only derogatory information on your report then you will probably see a score bump when the last one comes off. I know that when my last late pay dropped I saw a rise of 20-30 points with a clean report. A lot of it has to do with other factors including age of accounts and utilization of course. I can't recall if there were other improvements that may have added to it.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}