Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dell CO- Is this legal?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dell CO- Is this legal?

I was late on Dell payments for about 6 months. Middle of February I tried to go online and make paymnet for past due amount. It wouldn't let me and every time I called I got IC instead of Dell. So I mailed a check off for $334, so the account could be current. They received the check and processed and applied it. In March the account is showing as CO on all reports! I call and call and only get the outsourced reps. Finally last week I get someone in the US. They tell me the acct was CO on Feb 1st and that they did receive and process the payment. Every attempt I make to figure this out they send me to IC who say they don't have my account it's back at Dell. Every call to Dell Recovery keeps me on hold for 30 minutes or more and never answered.  So my question is can they continue to tell me the account is a CO, accept my payment after CO and there is no record that the CA has my account? I'm so confused and don't know what to do!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dell CO- Is this legal?

Yes, the can accept payment. Who is reporting on your CR? Are you wanting the status updated to paid after charge-off? Or what are you wanting or trying to do?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I just really want to know can they charge off with no previous notice and the CA is not showing this account but this is what Dell tells me every time I call. What do I do? I just wanted the account to remain opened so I could make my monthly payments to eventually pay it off. There's about a $1200 balance.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you pay after bills stopped being sent, or did you pay a current bill that had a due date.  If it had a due date and you paid before that date, I think you would have a valid complaint.

If you paid the bill after the date, they may have already changed it off and the reporting process is catching up with you.  I am sure the bill has some comment about serious deliquency blah blah blah in fine print at the top of the bill in the special messages section.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they CO the account on Feb1    and they received payment after that  the account is still COd!

The only thing that you can do is send a letter begging and offer a PFD to Dell.  If you have to put it on a CC I would if Dell accepted your PFD.

The letter should go to the address on your CR.

You can deal with the CA later.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.