Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dell

tag
illcrew3
Regular Contributor

Dell

I have a $1,500 Dell charge account that I have never used. I have had it for over a year and they have been reporting No Data. I was told its best to keep it so it makes my credit usage look lower. On the other hand I was told to close it because it's hurting my CR. Which is true and whats best to do?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dell

Is this listed on your CR? and if so...as a CC or an Installment account?
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

What was your score if you don't mind?  Do you know who they pulled from?
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

dell pulls TU   in New England
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

My husband has a dell account... I have never in my life seen such obscene interest rates. It shows as a consumer loan (not great) on his report.
Message 5 of 9
illcrew3
Regular Contributor

It does show on my CR. They pulled from Experian. It's listed as a revolving charge account. I don't know my FICO but my FAKO is 650.
Message 6 of 9
illcrew3
Regular Contributor

Any ideas on what I should do?
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it is showing as a revolving charge account, I would leave it open if you need the CL for utl %.  You may want to purchase something small and pay it off...May even ask for a CLI just to see if they will give it to you...could tell them you are considering a big purchase from them.
Message 8 of 9
atxhunter
Valued Member

I have a $1,500 Dell charge account that I have never used. I have had it for over a year and they have been reporting No Data. I was told its best to keep it so it makes my credit usage look lower. On the other hand I was told to close it because it's hurting my CR. Which is true and whats best to do?

If you applied and never used the card it was no longer active after 30 days. I have a source that works in consumer sales with DFS and the account is not put in play unless you make a purchase. That might be why they are reporting no data. I would call just to verify with DFS whether the account is opened or closed.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.