Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta SkyMiles can covert to any AmEx Blue card...just converted tonight

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Delta SkyMiles can covert to any AmEx Blue card...just converted tonight

Sweet good-bye annual fees.

It's simple I just called asked to see what my card can convert to and the representative told me I could convert to any of the AmEx Blue cards. They don't even do a credit pull. The Rep. told me that it's an automatic conversion. Then on top of that, she gave me the lowest APR I could get, very nice! It was 8.25(prime) + 4.99 = 13.24 APR. So I choose the BlueSKy...I thinking I should of got bluecash cause i spend more then 6,500 a year. But hey I might just change

I tried to convert it to Clear instead of Blue but that was a no go! So now I got a nice American Express card with a 15K limit and 13.24apr with 0% interest for 6 months.
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: Delta SkyMiles can covert to any AmEx Blue card...just converted tonight

Very nice!  Any idea what they pulled and your score?  Great APR and nice CL, was that after CLI?  

Congrats!

EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you already have have a card you are probably eligible to convert it to a more prime card. I have had a delta skymiles, and called to see if I could convert it to a more prime of a card and they said sure, they didn't pull anything! Nothing! It was an automatic upgrade no pulls or anything. They did originally pull Ex when I first got applied to AmEx just over a year ago. After about a year, I just asked if they could do a cli and got it. The story about the cli increase was kinda interesting as well. First of all, they only do a soft pull which wont hurt your credit score. Secondly, when applying I asked them if I wanted a cli to 15,000 thousand and didn't get approved will they automatically default my cli to something lower or will it void my cli if I wasn't approved for the 15k increase. She said,"That right", meaning that If I didn't get the 15k increase they would default it to another approved increase say 5K. Long story short I got the full increase to 15k. Then 1 week later after doing so I asked to see if I could convert the card I asked them if they where going to pull ex and she so no we don't pull anything it's an automatic upgrade, anyone with a card can convert, anyone with a card! So I got blue sky, very nice! Hope that helps.... If you have a AmEx card that isn't so prime you can upgrade it, simple as that. No pulls, no bs. Let me know how you guys come out!
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm gonna try this in a couple of weeks. I am in the midst of a FLIPPIN F/R right nowSmiley Mad

Not worried about F/R. I understated my HHI by $10,000 on the application, and I have paid my payments within 72 hours of the end of the cycle.

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a question? If someone can not get a blue because of score etc. but can get delta, and then up- grades to blue automatic, can they apply for another delta card and expect to recieve it?
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for the Delta over a month ago, got approved with 1K CL.. Then suddenly, i got a mail offer to apply for Blue. I applied and got denied because of my credit history. Now, a month later i converted that Delta into a Blue and they didn't ask a single question, it was done!
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Irvin,
Have you tried to reapply for another delta card?
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope. Just that Delta. Thinking about Starwood Card but I don't know if my score would be good enough for that.
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly, if you just upgrade your delta they won't ask ?s but you try to apply for one that's another story.
Message 9 of 15
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

so_confused wrote:
I have a question? If someone can not get a blue because of score etc. but can get delta, and then up- grades to blue automatic, can they apply for another delta card and expect to recieve it?

I wouldn't even try. That's a one-way ticket to FR.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.