Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied Citi Checking with >750 credit score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Denied Citi Checking with >750 credit score

I applied a week ago for the Citi Checking account online and got a denial letter that says the decition was based on Equifax.

My credit score is over 750. 0 debt. never carry credit to next month.

I found a similar case on this thread - http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Denied-Citi-Checking-Um-what/td-p/587984/page/...

Accoding to this case, one of the security questions was answered wrong.

The only question that I may have answered wrong is - Since which month I'm living at my current address.

I've answered the actual date that I moved in, but it may be the case that the address was reported way later (Since it's not an appartment complex, I just rent from a private person)

How can I find out what is the reported date, so I can avoid this in the future? Does the actual credit report that I can order, contains the dates for each address?

Also - I've opened 2 other bank accounts this year. one 1.5 months ago and another one in March - could that be the reason?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Denied Citi Checking with >750 credit score

I would begin by calling CITI and getting details as to their reasons.

You may be able to provide them info over the phone that address their stated concerns.

Message 2 of 3
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Re: Denied Citi Checking with >750 credit score

I had a multitude of problems when I tried opening my Citi account online earlier this year.  I know a lot of others have been able to breeze through but that was not the case for me. 

I had to go into a branch and open it in person. Even the branch manager said that online has its challenges. 

FWIW you score didn't play a factor in the denial. Just ID verification did. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.