Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied Credit - Access to Credit Reports

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Denied Credit - Access to Credit Reports

I was denied a CLI from Amex which allowed me access to my TU report, subsequently.  I also used it as an excuse to access my Equifax report for free as well.  Now, I was looking at Experian and there's no link for "denied credit" access.  It says you have to order it by mail.  Can I obtain my free credit report from Experian by using my denied credit reason online?

I've already exhausted my option at annualcreditreport.com so please don't chime in with that.

Thanks

Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Denied Credit - Access to Credit Reports

Hi TheCynicalOne:

Would you like me to move this thread to the general credit issues forum, you're bound to get more replies?

fused
Message 2 of 7
fused
Moderator Emeritus

I'm not 100% sure but I believe there is no link at Ex's web site for what you're asking for and you will be referred back to annualreport.com. You might have to pay for another report.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

fused wrote:
I'm not 100% sure but I believe there is no link at Ex's web site for what you're asking for and you will be referred back to annualreport.com. You might have to pay for another report.

Thanks for the quick response.  I've looked all over and that's what I figured.  No way am I paying just for Ex.  I might just order it by mail.  That would be super desperate of me.  I think in May 08 I'm going to purchase a package from MyFico, right now it's not really worth it since my credit union gave me my score for TU (676) for free (are they allowed to do that?) so I guess my other scores are probably about the same.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

i use experian's credit expert monitoring.  it's the same as experian's report.  you can try one month for free.   i find them very up to date with everything  but their scores are much higher than ficos.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was denied for AMEX blue a few months ago and was about to access my EX credit report for free. I used the link that was sent with the denial letter mail. SorrySmiley Sad I do not have the link anymore but it is possible to access for free. If I do find it I will post if for you.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

yay, please try to find it
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.