Established Contributor
TexMontana

Derog VS Closed/Paid

I have a couple of older items on my CRs. On TU and EQ, the account condition is reported as "Closed/Paid" with a $0 balance. On EX, they are noted "Derogatory" with the same $0 balance. And my EX score is by far my lowest. DO I need to take action on this? Is there a difference between "Closed/Paid" and "Derogatory"?
" I like to live as a poor man, with a lot of money." - Pablo Picasso (who was a jerk.)
Valued Member
motoracer

Re: Derog VS Closed/Paid

was the account CO?
Established Contributor
Cory

TexMontana wrote:
I have a couple of older items on my CRs. On TU and EQ, the account condition is reported as "Closed/Paid" with a $0 balance. On EX, they are noted "Derogatory" with the same $0 balance. And my EX score is by far my lowest. DO I need to take action on this? Is there a difference between "Closed/Paid" and "Derogatory"?

BUMP

Will someone answer this questions please, as I would like to know also.
1. American Express Blue Cash Preferred~2. BankAmericard Cash Rewards World MasterCard~3. BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa Signature ~4. Discover It~5. Citi Forward Visa Signature~6. CCCU MasterCard.
Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

Yes there is a difference.
I would contact the CO and ask them to update the status.
If they refuse- refute the "status"

TexMontana wrote:

Established Contributor
so_confused

have another question...On a paid mortgage...if one CRA is reporting on the condition line-closed and one is reporting transferd and the last is reporting closed(paid) and the loan was really closed(paid) could this affect my scores?

And does a 30 day late on a closed mortgage acct. in oct/03 have any current impact on ones CR's?

sorry for all the questions tonight...just really been looking at all three CR's more careful and there are alot of minor diff.
9/18/08 TU=707 EQ=706 EX=702
Valued Contributor
Boswd

TexMontana wrote:

More info is needed.  Was it closed by you or by the creditor?   Was it a charge off?  A collection?

Help us to help you:smileyvery-happy:
Established Contributor
TexMontana

The accounts were paid-in-full collections.
" I like to live as a poor man, with a lot of money." - Pablo Picasso (who was a jerk.)
Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

If they were CA's
Try a GW letter

Paid CA's are no better for your score than unpaid CA's.
Valued Contributor
Boswd

technically any collection is going to be regarded as a derog.    You can dispute is as paid, to get the paid next to it though, but even a paid collection isn't going to change the derog status of the account.
Established Contributor
TexMontana

Thanks~
I did send GW letters earlier this week. Two collections, each under $100. We'll keep our fingers crossed that the GW gods look favorably upon me!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}