cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Derogatory Mark gone from Credit Karma??

tag
Guava
Established Contributor

Re: Derogatory Mark gone from Credit Karma??

I only wanted to know if the deletion shown on CK also true on my credit report. If what DI said is true then I'm happy. 

As far as wanting to know exactly my score, I'm just not inclined to spend ~$40 because I have a small simple file overall (3 CCs: Citi Dividend Plat select visa, Amex Zync, and an Express fashion card), and I'm not looking to app for any loans in foreseeable future. So the only bad mark on my CR gone can only improve my score, right? That's good enough to me. I'll probably sign up for a trial credit monitor service to check my report.

However, this unexpected stroke of luck may spur me to app for 1 or 2 CCs Smiley Tongue though I don't know which, and the desire to app isn't that great so I may just stand still and garden hehe

Thanks for all the additional info guys, this community is so great!

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 28
DI
Super Contributor

@silver0187 wrote:

I only wanted to know if the deletion shown on CK also true on my credit report. If what DI said is true then I'm happy. 

As far as wanting to know exactly my score, I'm just not inclined to spend ~$40 because I have a small simple file overall (3 CCs: Citi Dividend Plat select visa, Amex Zync, and an Express fashion card), and I'm not looking to app for any loans in foreseeable future. So the only bad mark on my CR gone can only improve my score, right? That's good enough to me. I'll probably sign up for a trial credit monitor service to check my report.

However, this unexpected stroke of luck may spur me to app for 1 or 2 CCs Smiley Tongue though I don't know which, and the desire to app isn't that great so I may just stand still and garden hehe

Thanks for all the additional info guys, this community is so great!

I use CK for the same purposes.  Changes in your TU report is reflected on CK.  I watched 25 inquiries from my TU report disappear over 2 years by monitoring my CK file.   I checked my TU reports every now and then and the deletions were certainly gone.  CK is worth using and save a person money. 

Message 12 of 28
Guava
Established Contributor

Assuring to hear! Thanks again DI! <3

Message 13 of 28
DI
Super Contributor

@silver0187 wrote:

Assuring to hear! Thanks again DI! <3

You're welcome.  One more thing, each time you request an update on CK, a "soft inquiry" on your TU report appears.

Message 14 of 28
Guava
Established Contributor

Another question if you don't mind. If TU resolved my dispute (which may have led to the lucky deletion), can I request a credit report from TU?

Message 15 of 28
DI
Super Contributor

@silver0187 wrote:

Another question if you don't mind. If TU resolved my dispute (which may have led to the lucky deletion), can I request a credit report from TU?

Let me PM you.

Message 16 of 28
Guava
Established Contributor

UPDATE: After just taking a look at my TU report (thanks DI), the collection is still there Smiley Sad  The only difference from before is that it says "Remark: >Paid Collection<" and ">Payment After Charge Off/Collection<" instead of ">Placed for collection<"

So I guess CK isn't 100% correct on this matter. I'm a little bummed but wasn't expecting much from the beginning so I guess that's that.

Message 17 of 28
DI
Super Contributor

What is CK saying? 

Message 18 of 28
Guava
Established Contributor

@DI wrote:

What is CK saying? 

I'm not sure how to answer this. Here is what's on my CK, before I have 1 Derogatory Mark, now it's 0. Does CK have more detailed analysis somewhere?

Message 19 of 28
DI
Super Contributor

Check to see if your total accounts gained plus one in your CKI file.

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.