cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Derogatory Mark gone from Credit Karma??

tag
Guava
Established Contributor

Derogatory Mark gone from Credit Karma??

Hi all, I have a question. 

I have a paid collection (from 2001) but it showed unpaid on my TU credit report. I put in an inquiry (around the beginning of May) to have it report as paid. On my Credit Karma account, it showed that I have 1 derogatory mark (the collection). BUT today when I update my Credit Karma score, the derogatory mark is gone (said 0) on Credit Karma! Could I take this as the collection was deleted on my actual credit report??

Thank you for reading!

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Rvan1961
Valued Member

Re: Derogatory Mark gone from Credit Karma

While I use CK, I would not base anything on their "report". For example, My TU score is over 100 points higher on CK than what it really is Smiley Happy I also had Truecredit and they were wrong on every score by almost the same margin (

Starting Score: 622
Current Score: 650
Goal Score: 750

Message 2 of 28
Guava
Established Contributor

@Rvan1961 wrote:

While I use CK, I would not base anything on their "report". For example, My TU score is over 100 points higher on CK than what it really is Smiley Happy I also had Truecredit and they were wrong on every score by almost the same margin (

Yea, their scores are FAKO scores but I'm hoping that the information they showed about my derogatory mark being gone is correct.

I don't want to purchase a report because I'm in garden mode, not looking to app for CC/loans, spending $20 - $40 just to check for one thing isn't worth it for me. Knowing the only negative on my report got deleted would make my week!

Please let it be right >_<

Message 3 of 28
Rvan1961
Valued Member

I hope it's good news for you Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 622
Current Score: 650
Goal Score: 750

Message 4 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

It sounds like good news.

Message 5 of 28
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Derogatory Mark gone from Credit Karma??

@silver0187 wrote:

Hi all, I have a question. 

I have a paid collection (from 2001) but it showed unpaid on my TU credit report. I put in an inquiry (around the beginning of May) to have it report as paid. On my Credit Karma account, it showed that I have 1 derogatory mark (the collection). BUT today when I update my Credit Karma score, the derogatory mark is gone (said 0) on Credit Karma! Could I take this as the collection was deleted on my actual credit report??

Thank you for reading!

The credit information on CK's website is  taken from your TU's report.  It is very reliable.  The only difference  are the scores. 

Message 6 of 28
Guava
Established Contributor

Thank you for confirming guys! yay!!!! now i have a clean CR! yes yes yes

Message 7 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Aren't you even in the slightest interested as to what your TU FICO score increased to by this negative TL being removed??

The very first thing I would do (and have done) when a negative listing was removed from my report/s was to pull a FICO to see the increase in scores it gave me.

For example, last week I refreshed my EX report at FCR.com and noticed that a CO I had been disputing was gone, the very next thing I did was to go to my EQ monitoring service and refresh that report and it was gone from there too.

The very next thing I did was come here to MyFico and pull both my TU and EQ reports, my EQ score was 700 and after the CO was removed it went to 774, my TU score was 727, after the CO was removed it went to 784, IMO well worth the $31 I spent.

I get 30% off my EQ score because I have a SW acct with MyFico and I used a discount code for TU.

But even if I had to pay the full amount for both reports I WANTED to know where my scores went after that derog was removed.

Just my 0.01 cents.

BTW, Congratulations!!!!

Message 8 of 28
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@DI wrote:

The credit information on CK's website is  taken from your TU's report.  It is very reliable.  The only difference  are the scores. 

CK calculates your AAoA only by open accounts instead of both open and closed accounts. That's not the most reliable information IMO.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 9 of 28
DI
Super Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@DI wrote:

CK calculates your AAoA only by open accounts instead of both open and closed accounts. That's not the most reliable information IMO.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

As for as whether something has been deleted from one's TU report, CK is reliable.  It depicts what's being reported on one's TU report. 

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.