cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desperate Plea For Help - Credit Company will not correct "their" error...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Desperate Plea For Help - Credit Company will not correct "their" error...

I set up payment arrangements in May of 2007 with Wells Fargo to keep my account from being charged off.  My first payment was due in May and I called Wells Fargo and made the payment over the phone on May 31, 2007 stating that this was my first payment to keep the account from being charged off.  I specifically told the customer service representative that the payment had to be posted that day.  The customer service representative did not post the payment until June 1, 2007 and my account was charged off.  I continued to make payment arrangements but Wells Fargo refused to reverse the charge off but agreed to reverse it once the account was fully paid off.  They also refused to send me a letter confirming that the charge off would be reversed once the account was paid off.  This was an error on their part and my credit score has now been negatively impacted.

I paid off the account two weeks ago and I was told that they would reverse the charge off.  I just received my "updated" credit report and it says that the Charged Off Account has been Paid Off In Full.  That is not the agreement that I had with Wells Fargo and I am extremely frustrated and I can't seem to get this item which was initially their error removed from my account.

Please tell me what I can do to get them to remove this item....

I am desperate to clean up my credit so that I can refinance my home.  I am caught in an ARM loan which will destroy me if I do not get out of this loan before it goes up in a few months.

Transunion:  640
Experian:  621
Equifax:   602

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Desperate Plea For Help - Credit Company will not correct "their" error...

Since you paid it in full you can send Good will letters and dispute it with all three agencies you may get lucky.

Message Edited by joemc3 on 10-02-2007 07:39 AM
Message 2 of 3
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Desperate Plea For Help - Credit Company will not correct "their" error...

Also try PFB
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.