Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desperate for help/advice!!!

tag
Xev0luti0nXx
Valued Member

Desperate for help/advice!!!

I am new to the forums here and after reading severl posts I have a question of opinion for all of those who know what they are talking about here. I currently have a good job and steady income available to pay on debts and $1,500 to apply directly right now to help pay off. Here is what I have. CC: Balance: 398 Limit: 500 Loans: Balance: 727 Balance: 605 - Gym Membership line of credit Collections: 73.00 Gas Bill Paying off: 10/15/07 726.00 Medical Bill Previous Collection: $369 $122 $185 What I would like to know on the collection accounts is if I can negotiate a Pay For Delete and if I do, would I have to contact the OC and have them convey it to the CA? I also wanted to know if there is any shot in god's green earth if I can contact the OC of the previously paid off CA accounts to have them deleted. What I want to know is should I pay off the Medical bill in collections in one lump sum and apply the rest to my CC and Loans, or should I pay my CC and Loans down as much as possible and continue the $100/month payment plan I am on for my Medical Bills? My current Credit Score is 508. I have also recently paid off a Auto Loan that is still showing I owe $1,300 (which I paid this month and hasn't caught up with it). Can anyone tell me how having that balance removed from my total debt will effect my score? My Fiance' and I are wanting to buy a house in April/May of next year and in order to qualify for a First Time Home Buyers program here in Michigan I need to improve my score to 620 or higher. Any help is appreciated! Thank you!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Desperate for help/advice!!!

In regards to the PFD, I would work it concurrently with the OC and the CA. One of my successful PFD's came when a CA denied my PFD request, but got someone at the OC to feel sorry for me and instructed the CA to remove it after I paid.

As far as what to pay when, pay down any credit cards to less than 10% and pay any collections that you can get a PFD for, if the loan is installment, dont pay it off completely, just pay it on time, dispute as much as you can.

Good luck
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Xev0luti0nXx wrote:
I am new to the forums here and after reading severl posts I have a question of opinion for all of those who know what they are talking about here. I currently have a good job and steady income available to pay on debts and $1,500 to apply directly right now to help pay off. Here is what I have. CC: Balance: 398 Limit: 500 Loans: Balance: 727 Balance: 605 - Gym Membership line of credit Collections: 73.00 Gas Bill Paying off: 10/15/07 726.00 Medical Bill Previous Collection: $369 $122 $185 What I would like to know on the collection accounts is if I can negotiate a Pay For Delete and if I do, would I have to contact the OC and have them convey it to the CA? I also wanted to know if there is any shot in god's green earth if I can contact the OC of the previously paid off CA accounts to have them deleted. What I want to know is should I pay off the Medical bill in collections in one lump sum and apply the rest to my CC and Loans, or should I pay my CC and Loans down as much as possible and continue the $100/month payment plan I am on for my Medical Bills? My current Credit Score is 508. I have also recently paid off a Auto Loan that is still showing I owe $1,300 (which I paid this month and hasn't caught up with it). Can anyone tell me how having that balance removed from my total debt will effect my score? My Fiance' and I are wanting to buy a house in April/May of next year and in order to qualify for a First Time Home Buyers program here in Michigan I need to improve my score to 620 or higher. Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

For 1 thing     what are the DOFD on all CO  Are the bills all from this state?....if so  your SOL is 6 years for all......

This is best way to post   make it much easier to read!!

CC: Balance: 398 Limit: 500              UTIL way to high  get it down to under 10%

Balance: 727 Balance: 605             is CL $727   Bal $605    same as above then
     never be late or over CL on anything

Gym Membership line of credit Collections: 73.00    what is DOFD date?  have you filed a dispute?
    Who is reporting the OC or CA?

Gas Bill Paying off: 10/15/07 726.00       is this correct??  IF so date of DOFD??  
FIRST dispute then.send a PFD....wait for an answer do NOT  PIF  before getting an ok on PFD!!!!! wording MUST be right....IF they accept type in their answer & people will tell you if it is good or not!!

IF you already filed a dispute   send a PFD   

Medical Bill Previous Collection: $369 $122 $185   Is this the med bills that you are making payments on????  IF so who to  OC or CA?

if I can contact the OC of the previously paid off CA accounts to have them deleted
               What is showing on you CR......is the OC reporting? the CA  or both???  what dates and how is it showing   PAID?

Look at your CR....dates (not report dates)  but CO dates & DOFD dates are very important!! They tell us how close you are to SOL and CRTP

Auto Loan    any late payments?    creditors only post once a month...it will update then. No telling what or if it will help scores............my car payment shows obsolete on my CR

Message Edited by HappyDays on 10-12-2007 11:05 PM
Message 3 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Hi, Xev (sorry, can't manage your whole screen name!)--if you're using Firefox, when you are writing your post, go down to the bottom left of your screen and click "Automatically convert carriage returns to HTML line breaks." That is Lithium's fancy term for "Please make my paragraphs look like paragraphs." And if you ever go back and edit a post, you'll need to click it again. They're working on it.

edit--looks like you figured this out on another post yesterday

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 10-13-2007 07:21 AM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 7
Xev0luti0nXx
Valued Member

Yes, for anyone interested in helping me please respond to the Thread "Need help on what to pay first!" It has everything organized better as I got the page breaks to work. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Message 5 of 7
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Thanks

for

showing

me

a

new

trick.

Smiley Wink
Message 6 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Lordy,

you

have

patient

fingers!

Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.