Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Destroyed by Experian in Last Month

tag
igdycsmG6
Regular Contributor

Destroyed by Experian in Last Month

For the last 8 months my Experian Score has been above 600, 3 weeks ago it was 663, today I found 7 old negative accounts (not one alert from fico,that I have worked so hard to remove using GW,HIPPA,etc. that have reappeared on my account. This doens't include two Judgements and two collection that I have reappeared that I work hard to get removed using the proper methods explained on the site. Most of these accounts were dealt with over year ago. Why would all show up within 3 week span? Has anyone experianced this JOLT. This is also the fisrt time that I have applied for anything using Experian. Feeling really low yaw.

Starting Score: EQ:609
Current Score: 624
Goal Score: EQ:725

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Destroyed by Experian in Last Month

They MUST notify you within 5 days to re-insert, The funisher must certify the data, the CRA must prevent re-insert.
FCRA § 611(5)(B) Requirements Relating to Reinsertion of Previously Deleted Material

(i) Certification of accuracy of information. If any information is deleted from a consumer's file pursuant to subparagraph

(A), the information may not be reinserted in the file by the consumer reporting agency unless the person who furnishes the information certifies that the information is complete and accurate.

(ii) Notice to consumer. If any information that has been deleted from a consumer's file pursuant to subparagraph (A) is reinserted in the file, the consumer reporting agency shall notify the consumer of the reinsertion in writing not later than 5 business days after the reinsertion or, if authorized by the consumer for that purpose, by any other means available to the agency.

(iii) Additional information. As part of, or in addition to, the notice under clause

(ii), a consumer reporting agency shall provide to a consumer in writing not later than 5 business days after the date of the reinsertion

(I) a statement that the disputed information has been reinserted;

(II) the business name and address of any furnisher of information contacted and the telephone number of such furnisher, if reasonably available, or of any furnisher of information that contacted the consumer reporting agency, in connection with the reinsertion of such information; and

(III) a notice that the consumer has the right to add a statement to the consumer's file disputing the accuracy or completeness of the disputed information.

(C) Procedures to prevent reappearance. A consumer reporting agency shall maintain reasonable procedures designed to prevent the reappearance in a consumer's file, and in consumer reports on the consumer, of information that is deleted pursuant to this paragraph (other than information that is reinserted in accordance with subparagraph (B)(i)).
Message 2 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

igdycsmG6 wrote:
For the last 8 months my Experian Score has been above 600, 3 weeks ago it was 663, today I found 7 old negative accounts (not one alert from fico,that I have worked so hard to remove using GW,HIPPA,etc. that have reappeared on my account. This doens't include two Judgements and two collection that I have reappeared that I work hard to get removed using the proper methods explained on the site. Most of these accounts were dealt with over year ago. Why would all show up within 3 week span? Has anyone experianced this JOLT. This is also the fisrt time that I have applied for anything using Experian. Feeling really low yaw.

SW Alerts only apply to EQ, not to EX.

Did all of these accounts disappear at the same time last year? Are they with the same creditor? Did you receive any written response from these creditors?
Message 3 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Timothy, I think the re-insert rule applies only to the CRA removing info (via dispute, CRTP, etc.)

OP, did you dispute?

I'm thinking split file.
Message 4 of 11
igdycsmG6
Regular Contributor

These are completely different creditors, they came off at different time some years apart.   I went from 4 negative account on 6-29-08 to 11 in actually less than 2 weeks. My score dropped 216 points.  I have never seen any like this.  My score is now 437, the lowest in my history. How can this happen in a short time.

Message Edited by igdycsmG6 on 07-14-2008 07:48 PM

Message Edited by igdycsmG6 on 07-14-2008 07:49 PM

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

igdycsmG6 wrote:
These are completely different creditors, they came off at different time some years apart.   I went from 4 negative account on 6-29-08 to 11 in actually less than 2 weeks. My score dropped 216 points.  I have never seen any like this.  My score is now 437, the lowest in my history. How can this happen in a short time.

Message Edited by igdycsmG6 on 07-14-2008 07:48 PM

Message Edited by igdycsmG6 on 07-14-2008 07:49 PM

The 7 that were reappeared, was they removed due to disputes or just suddenly disappeared?

Message 6 of 11
igdycsmG6
Regular Contributor

Some were disputes.    Its has been a very long time for some.   What I find funny is the number of accounts that appeared again at the same time.   How can so many creditors decide at the same time to reintroduce themselves.   All have zero balances but one.

Message 7 of 11
igdycsmG6
Regular Contributor

What is a split file?

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

igdycsmG6 wrote:
What is a split file?

Idgy, I can't get to my paperwork right now, but I have someone who may be able to help you, since this sounds similiar to what happened to me.

I will PM you with some info when I can get to it. Remind me if I haven't done so by this afternoon.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you check my old posts I had some weird stuff happen on my Experian report..old disputes that had gone after  I disputed them years ago reappeared even a pr that i don't ever recall showing was there.

I am still not sure if it was a split report and Experian didn't care to tell me, but everyone here didn't think I could dispute it as a reinsert .. even though it looks like one.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.