Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did I make a mistake? Help!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did I make a mistake? Help!!

Long story short- The only late payment ever in my life- one from American Honda- it was one day late! due on the 20 paid on the 21st however, yes I was late. Tried calling cusitmer service would not take off and I did say that it was only reported to TU put on hold and said that it would be on all three- pulled them and that month (june) says on experian and equifax paid on time- I decided to send gw letter- did i just screw up and now they will report to all three -my tu dropped 54 points Smiley Sad  I think I might be sick if this hits all 3. I  
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Did I make a mistake? Help!!

loveit wrote:
Long story short- The only late payment ever in my life- one from American Honda- it was one day late! due on the 20 paid on the 21st however, yes I was late. Tried calling cusitmer service would not take off and I did say that it was only reported to TU put on hold and said that it would be on all three- pulled them and that month (june) says on experian and equifax paid on time- I decided to send gw letter- did i just screw up and now they will report to all three -my tu dropped 54 points Smiley Sad  I think I might be sick if this hits all 3. I  

Had that happen with students loan thought they were deferred but never received notice they were not.  Reporting Paid as agreed to two of three bureaus when I called to ask them to report it to the third, was I surprised when they reported to all three as delinquent.  kepp in mind that the delinquencies had occurred yuears earlier and had initially been on all three as paid as agreed.

sorry that happenedto you.

Message 2 of 5
cadavis0609
Frequent Contributor

Am I correct in my understanding that they reported a 30 day late after 1 day? I don't think thats legal. I'd dispute.
Sept 07 EQ 419

April 2012 EQ- 669 EXP- 680 TU-700= Proud New Homeowner!
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If Due date was the 20th and Paid on the 21st is NOT 30 days late.

If you paid on the 21st of the NEXT month it is another story.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you saying it was one day late?

That doesn't get reported to the CRA's.  It would show as "ontime" to the CRA.  It has to be 30 days late for that.

If your TU score in fact dropped there's another reason.  Unless you mean it was 31 days late.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.