Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did I mention that I DESPISE Experian

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did I mention that I DESPISE Experian

What is the deal with Experian?!?! Are they retarded or is this just how they operate their business? I am so ticked off with them it makes my blood boil!!!! Can anybody else attest to their horrible screwed up backwards-a** way of operating?  First, they are the only one that lists the account status as "Account is/was 30 days late 2 or 3 times" even though the account has been paid off over 4 years ago. This they do on any account in the status section of the account. Then when they have something wrong it's impossible to dispute it. I have tried on-line only to get the message that "sorry no dice". I have mailed them numerous times to no avail. How can they do this? How can I exact some kind of revenge on them? Anybody? Advice, suggestions? Thanks for letting me vent.
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Did I mention that I DESPISE Experian

I am sorry it has been hard for you to dispute with them.

I would like to mention that derogs can stay on your account 7 years +/- 6 months or so. Thus, even though your account has been paid for 4 years, it is legal for them to report that you were late 30 days or greater in the past. I would write a goodwill letter to that lender asking them to remove the late in light of your perfect payment history of late. That should help your situation somewhat.

I hope they are more responsive for you in the future.

Goodluck!
Message 2 of 19
BGMWPD320
Regular Contributor

I just disputed my date of birth with EX.  They decided that I was born in 1985 instead of 1984.  I don't understand how they have had it right for so long and then out of the blue they changed it.

I know it isn't a huge deal but I want my report to be 100% accurate.
Message 3 of 19
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@BGMWPD320 wrote:
I just disputed my date of birth with EX. They decided that I was born in 1985 instead of 1984. I don't understand how they have had it right for so long and then out of the blue they changed it.
I know it isn't a huge deal but I want my report to be 100% accurate.

Same here and it was changed to the correct year overnite. Online dispute.

Message Edited by smallfry on 08-23-2008 09:54 PM
Message 4 of 19
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I have to say that they were good in cleaning up my personal info as well. But forget getting them to update a balance to $0 on an account that perennially forgets to update. I had had to do this once before, different balance, around 5 months previously, and EX just came back with already investigated.

I had to go through EQ, which woke up the creditor, who sent out the new balance to all three, which EX posted. Ridiculous.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I need to get access to the online dispute. I filled out the form then when I got to the secutity section they asked about a mortgage I had back in 2005 (it is payed off as I sold the house in 06) and I was to chose an answer with one being "I have no mortgage" which I chose. I kicked me out and said I failed the security check. Should I answer it as to the amount I paid each month even though it's stated as "How much is your monthly mortgage"? Thanks for any insight anybody might have on this.
Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

ToBeFree wrote:
I need to get access to the online dispute. I filled out the form then when I got to the secutity section they asked about a mortgage I had back in 2005 (it is payed off as I sold the house in 06) and I was to chose an answer with one being "I have no mortgage" which I chose. I kicked me out and said I failed the security check. Should I answer it as to the amount I paid each month even though it's stated as "How much is your monthly mortgage"? Thanks for any insight anybody might have on this.

If you read closely it ask about a mortgage you have or have had, then it ask what the payment for that mortgage was. The mortgage doesn't have to be open still.

You would answer with what your payment was.
Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, I will give that a shot. Thanks for talking me down.
Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

No luck. I guess since it kicked me out yesterday I am banned for who knows how long. Back to snail mail, gotta love it.
Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do not like Experian to much my self..Both my other scores are in the sixes but experian is in the way..
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.