cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did I successfully avoid the Capital One triple pull?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did I successfully avoid the Capital One triple pull?

I caved and joined the Venturemania craze Saturday night when I put in an app for the Venture. I have seen the inquiries for both EQ and EX through myFICO's credit monitoring, but I still do not have a new inquiry on TU as of today. 

What's the longest amount of time you've seen a credit card inquiry take to appear? Is my TU in the clear?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Did I successfully avoid the Capital One triple pull?

@Anonymous wrote:

I caved and joined the Venturemania craze Saturday night when I put in an app for the Venture. I have seen the inquiries for both EQ and EX through myFICO's credit monitoring, but I still do not have a new inquiry on TU as of today. 

What's the longest amount of time you've seen a credit card inquiry take to appear? Is my TU in the clear?

If its not there now its not going to be, it wasnt pulled. It takes about 1 microsecond for the inquiry to show up.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's true. But is there ever a delay for myFICO credit monitoring to give me an alert? Clearly there has to be at least a small delay; my EX inquiry didn't show up until two days later.

Message 3 of 9
redbeard
Frequent Contributor

Yes, there can be a significant delay in getting a notification.  Not sure why this happens, but it does sometimes.  It has gotten better overall, but I'm not sure the TU inq's have improved.

Heck, you may never get notification of it, but if it affects the score, then you'll get a notice of that at some point.  

Dan

Just trying to get my scores to rise from the dead......

Wait.... I think I just heard a heartbeat!

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If its not there now its not going to be, it wasnt pulled. It takes about 1 microsecond for the inquiry to show up.

This would be correct if the original poster pulled his TU report right after the application for the Venture card. However, the monitoring service is often delayed and I have had delays of up to a week in some reports. 

@Anonymous Poster: They most likely pulled your TU report unless it was frozen. I have never heard of Cap One not triple pulling unless you free one bureau in which case it is a double pull. If you freeze two bureaus they deny your application. 

Message 5 of 9
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Will likely show up in a day or so. Do you have CK account? If that's due a refresh it will answer your question.

If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I have a CK account. It refreshes tomorrow so I'll report back tomorrow with my findings!

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ouch. TU got pulled alright. It still hasn't shown up on myFICO's credit monitoring, but I got the inquiry on Credit Karma. The inquiry dropped me 22 points. Yikes.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ouch. TU got pulled alright. It still hasn't shown up on myFICO's credit monitoring, but I got the inquiry on Credit Karma. The inquiry dropped me 22 points. Yikes.

I wouldn't worry too much about the drop on CK. My TU score there dropped a few points the same day my Fico TU jumped 29 points.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.