cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between a Credit Freeeze & a Fraus Alert.

tag
CreditBob
Established Contributor

Difference between a Credit Freeeze & a Fraus Alert.

CREDIT FREEZE-DOES NOT ALLOW ANY NEW CREDITORS TO DO A HARD PULL OF YOUR CREDIT REPORT EXCEPT EMPLOYERS AND CURRENT CREDITORS THAT YOU HAVE ACCOUNTS WITH. HOWEVER, IF YOU HAVE A CURRENT RELATIONSHIP WITH A BANK AND YOU WANT TO OPEN A NEW ACCOUNT THEN YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE THE FREEZE REMOVED. I FOOS THJAT OUT MYSELF AND I DID HAVE TO HAVE MY CREDIT FREEZE REMOVED FOR A HOUR. IT ALSO DOES NOT AFFECT LANDLORDS TO WHOM YOU WISH TO RENT FROM.

FRAUD ALERT-IS AN ADDED MESSAGE THAT A CREDITOR WILL SEE ON YOUR CREDIT REPORT THAT TELLS THEM THAT THEIR HAS BEEN PROBLEMS SUCH AS IDENTITY THEFT OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO YOUR CREDIT REPROT. IT TELLS THEM TO CALL THE ACTUAL CONSUMER BEFORE ALLOWING ANY NEW CREDIT OR SERVICES TO BE GRANTED. PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THIS IS NEVER ONE HUNDRED PERCENT FOOL PROOF. YOU STILL NEED TO BE ON YOUR GUARD AND MONITOR ALL THREE CREDIT BUREAUS.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.