Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference in myfico scores v individual cra

tag
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

Difference in myfico scores v individual cra

I just pull the trigger on a myfico monthly reporting and obtained my scores. Are they different if done by going to the individual CRA which would be expensive.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Difference in myfico scores v individual cra

@Blackswizz750 wrote:
I just pull the trigger on a myfico monthly reporting and obtained my scores. Are they different if done by going to the individual CRA which would be expensive.

^^^Not only is it more expensive, the scores may be totally different. Each CRA offers their own educational type scores as well as FICO scores. It isn't a FICO score unless it says it is a FICO score. 

For example, here is the disclaimer that EQ has in small type at the bottom of their page regarding scores:

"4 The credit scores provided under the offers described here use the Equifax Credit Score, which is a proprietary credit model developed by Equifax. The Equifax Credit Score and 3-Bureau credit scores are each based on the Equifax Credit Score model, but calculated using the information in your Equifax, Experian and TransUnion credit files. The Equifax Credit Score is intended for your own educational use. It is also commercially available to third parties along with numerous other credit scores and models in the marketplace. Please keep in mind third parties are likely to use a different score when evaluating your creditworthiness. Also, third parties will take into consideration items other than your credit score or information found in your credit file, such as your income."

Message 2 of 4
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@Blackswizz750 wrote:

Keep in mind Discover provides free monthly Ex fico08 to anybody, even non customers. Discover It card customers recieve free monthly TU fico08 scores. Citi credit cards provide customers monthly Eq Fico Bankcard 08. Amex provides customers Ex fico08. Barclaycard provides customers TU fico08. Noone I've found provides customers Eq fico08.  https://www.creditscorecard.com/     this link for free ex fico08 from discover

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 3 of 4
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

Thanks StartingOver10 and Sarge 12. I will check out the info you all have. It's best we are arm with scores and info before applying for credit. I. The past, I just run in and apply and hope for the best.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.