Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference in score...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Difference in score...

Good morning,

I recently went through a divorce and completed a short sale on my home.  I am rebuilding my credit now and the biggest task is paying off credit cards.  

Last week I submitted (online) for a limit increase on a Cap1 card.  It's at a zero balance and has perfect pay history.  My issue is that it came back declined stating my Experian score is 474.  I pulled my Experian (through MyFICO) today and it's 605.  My Equifax is 611.  TrasUnion is around 600 as well.

I'm not concerned at all about not getting the limit increase.  I didn't need it for anything.  But why am I seeing such a discrepancy in scores??

Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

Re: Difference in score...

@Anonymous wrote:

Good morning,

I recently went through a divorce and completed a short sale on my home.  I am rebuilding my credit now and the biggest task is paying off credit cards.  

Last week I submitted (online) for a limit increase on a Cap1 card.  It's at a zero balance and has perfect pay history.  My issue is that it came back declined stating my Experian score is 474.  I pulled my Experian (through MyFICO) today and it's 605.  My Equifax is 611.  TrasUnion is around 600 as well.

I'm not concerned at all about not getting the limit increase.  I didn't need it for anything.  But why am I seeing such a discrepancy in scores??

Thanks.

There shouldn't be that much of a difference between your EX score.  Do you have a written letter showing which FICO version & month they pulled?  If it just says FICO, call Cap1 and ask (sometimes they do a softpull & use data that they already have-month old).  I wouldn't expect Cap 1 to be using FICO 04 (Experian v2) and the max difference I've heard between those scores has been 100.  

I've noticed that some FICO score reports lag behind others.  My EX score through FNBO updates quicker than scores for mortgage pulls & on myFICO, but that could be timing. The FNBO FICO Bankcard EX score is reporting information from the 10th, but it takes until the 19th for me to see the score change.  Whereas I've been pulling scores for Mortgages and from myFICO around the 24th.

Having said all that, I would investigate further.

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.