Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Credit Reports

tag
Kissyfur30
Valued Member

Different Credit Reports

Last week I applied for a home loan but was denied because of past credit problems, I figured this would happen. 

My issue is that the credit report she pulled up shows negative marks that are not on my 3 credit reports that I pulled myself on myfico.com.  For example, she has told me that I defaulted on a student loan, which I never did, the loan company fixed it.  It's not showing up on my 3 credit reports I pulled from this site, but it is still showing as defaulted on the one she pulled.

How am I supposed to fix any issues on my reports if I don't see them, but a loan officer can?  Shouldn't I get the same information as she does so that I may fix any issues on my credit report?  It doesn't seem right that all these things are showing up on her report that she pulled, but I can't see them to correct them.

Starting Score: 557
Current Score: 557
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: Different Credit Reports

Kissyfur30 wrote:
Last week I applied for a home loan but was denied because of past credit problems, I figured this would happen. 

My issue is that the credit report she pulled up shows negative marks that are not on my 3 credit reports that I pulled myself on myfico.com.  For example, she has told me that I defaulted on a student loan, which I never did, the loan company fixed it.  It's not showing up on my 3 credit reports I pulled from this site, but it is still showing as defaulted on the one she pulled.

How am I supposed to fix any issues on my reports if I don't see them, but a loan officer can?  Shouldn't I get the same information as she does so that I may fix any issues on my credit report?  It doesn't seem right that all these things are showing up on her report that she pulled, but I can't see them to correct them.

If you are denied credit the lender must tell you which CRs were pulled and you can get free credit reports from them and see exactly what is what. 
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 6
Kissyfur30
Valued Member

I understand that, and I have pulled all 3 credit reports AFTER she pulled them and the negative marks are not showing on the ones I pulled.  How can I dispute the negative marks that show on her report if I pull the same reports and they are not there?  Why is she able to see different information on my reports than I am?

Message 3 of 6
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Did you pull the reports from the CRA itself?

If so, why not take the reports to her and ask her to point out the problems?
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I totally agree with M.V. Set up an appointment with the person you're working with, take YOUR copy of all 3 CR's and both of you go over, page by page comparison, of the CR they used and your copy you pulled.

I don't understand it either.

Please keep us posted. This is a mystery
Message 5 of 6
Kissyfur30
Valued Member

That is a good idea, it's what I am going to have to do.  I don't understand it either.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.