cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different dates from EX, TR, and EQ as to when a charge off is dropping of report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Different dates from EX, TR, and EQ as to when a charge off is dropping of report

Hi all,

My last baddie is coming off. But I am a little confused as to when. This is what I got from my credit reports tonight about this charge off.

EX - On record until June 2016

TR - Estimated month and year this item will be removed 07/2016

EQ - Date of first deliquency 09/2009

EQ - Date of last Payment 08/2009

It looks like there may be a months difference between EX and TR, no big deal. But when I looked at EQ from what I understand that won't come off until 7 years plus six months since the first delinquency. So that may be eight months out past coming off the other two. Is this correct? The date of last payment isn't right, about 4 months off. But if it drops from EX and TR can I use that to persuade EQ to get rid of it?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Different dates from EX, TR, and EQ as to when a charge off is dropping of report

Not really.

You cant really compare directly the two different methods for showing credit report exclusion.

If the credit report shows the actual DOFD, you can then determine the statutory maximum date by which credit report exclusion must occur.

That, however, is not the date the CRAs usually exclude.  They have flexibility to exclude earlier, and each normally excludes at approx 7 years from the DOFD.

The theory behind showing the estimated exclusion date in commercial credit reports as opposed to showing the DOFD is that most consumers have no idea what a DOFD is, and yet they understand an estimated exclusions date.  They just dont understant that an esbimated date can go a bit longer.

Alll is well.....

Message 2 of 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Different dates from EX, TR, and EQ as to when a charge off is dropping of report

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all,

My last baddie is coming off. But I am a little confused as to when. This is what I got from my credit reports tonight about this charge off.

EX - On record until June 2016

TR - Estimated month and year this item will be removed 07/2016

EQ - Date of first deliquency 09/2009

EQ - Date of last Payment 08/2009

It looks like there may be a months difference between EX and TR, no big deal. But when I looked at EQ from what I understand that won't come off until 7 years plus six months since the first delinquency. So that may be eight months out past coming off the other two. Is this correct? The date of last payment isn't right, about 4 months off. But if it drops from EX and TR can I use that to persuade EQ to get rid of it?

Thanks.

No, the bureaus are independent so what happens on one doesn't affect the others, but do you know what the DOFD actually is?  Month after last payment in general... and it's a stupid easy dispute to simply state that the DOFD is incorrect and this past SOL and should not be on there.  I think all bureaus are now at 7 years TBH, while 7.5 is technically correct nobody seems to be doing that as Robert suggested.

        
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much for your quick reply! Bit of a relief to hear. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.