Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different information on different bureau reports

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Different information on different bureau reports

I was a couple days late making my mortgage payments in Oct 2011 and Nov 2011.  Equifax and Experian show the lates; transunion does not.  Why are the reports different?  Does the mortgager (and more generally credit reporters) send different reports to each bureau?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Different information on different bureau reports

Don't assume that reports should be identical.  They can be in some cases but they can certainly differ in other cases.  It's all about what's reported to a given CRA.

@Anonymous wrote:

Does the mortgager (and more generally credit reporters) send different reports to each bureau?

Not all creditors to report to all 3 of the major CRA's.  All 3 don't necessarily perform identical changes (removals or whatever) at exactly the same time.  There are a number of possible reasons for why reports may not be identical.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I disagree with what the person above replied to the OP with.  Yes sometimes the different bureaus can report at different times, but it's been FIVE YEARS since he was late and TU didn't show the late.  If it was a month or two there's a chance that the information hadn't reported yet, but in this case clearly that's not what's going on.

It sounds to me like a mistake on TU's part.  If your mortgage company has been reporting to all 3 bureaus every month (and the months you were late with TU show "ok") than either your mortage company reported incorrectly to TU or TU didn't report the information properly.  Either way, don't poke the sleeping bear and allow your TU report to be a little cleaner.  Are your TU scores a bit better than EX and EQ? 

The good news is 5 years down, 2 to go with respect to the lates on the other two bureaus which isn't the end of the world Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 5
righthererightnow
Frequent Contributor

Not everyone reports to every place (this is a good thing, haha).

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, the question is if or what was reported?  Was nothing reported that month, or, was "ok" reported (not late) instead of the actual late?

If nothing reported that month, it's not necessarily a mistake it just didn't get reported... and you lucked out as if it was reported it would have been a negative mark as it is on your EQ and EX reports.  If "ok" was reported that month, it was a mistake on the part of TU but a mistake in your favor.  Either way, not having that late on there is certainly a plus and I would think would result in your TU scores exceeding your EX/EQ scores which will definitely help you at some point if you are looking to apply somewhere that pulls TU.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.