cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different scores from TrueCredit and MyFico on same day?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Different scores from TrueCredit and MyFico on same day?

Does anyone know why my three scores from the CRA's would be significantly lower when using the TrueCredit website vs. using MyFico?  I don't understand this...and they both had all of the same information as far as I can tell.

Also- MyFico says my Experian score dropped 3 points over the last week or so.  Nothing different shows up on the two credit reports, however, from the earlier date to the more recent.  Could it be because my local oil co. just recently checked my credit because I applied to set up an account with them?  If so, shouldn't it have shown up under "inquiries" though?

Thank you Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Re: Different scores from TrueCredit and MyFico on same day?

There is absolutely no correlation in scores between TC and MYFICO.  Frankly, the TC scores mean nothing - they are useless. Folks use TC to keep track of items on their report - but not for scores.

My TC scores range from 67 to 109 ponts lower than FICO. Don't even try to figure it out.

Yes, an inquiry can easily cost you 3 points. If the drop was due to an inquiry, it'll probably show up soon enough.
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 2 of 3
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Different scores from TrueCredit and MyFico on same day?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.