Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Deposit Question for NFCU

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Direct Deposit Question for NFCU

So I signed up for NFCU, I was wondering if anyone had experience with e-checking.  I don't have Direct Deposit going to the e-checking account, but I'll have ACH transfer from my State Farm Checking, and I'll have a deposit from WePay.com every month, as my tenants have chose to use WePay to pay their rent. 

Does anyone know if these count for direct deposit? 

Also considering apping for NavCheck later this yr or Jan next yr.

Thanks!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Direct Deposit Question for NFCU

Bumping for others. I know that transferring from other accounts won't work. I used to do that and still kept receiving offers to set up direct deposit. On the latter, I dunno. I have direct deposit and it shows up in the statement as direct deposit. And on the day of the direct deposit, it'll show a new box above my balances saying something like "Direct Deposit Pending" with the amount.

Message 2 of 21
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

I have no useful info in this case, but is there any reason you couldn't split your direct deposit to send partial (whatever their minimum is for whatever bonus you're looking for) to the NFCU account?  Pretty much every employer I've ever worked for, and there's been a slew of them, had the ability to split between two accounts, and sometimes three.  Since so many use ADP anyway or a similar service I suppose that's not surprising.

        
Message 3 of 21
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

That would be easy to do revelate except for the fact that my Human resource rep is very rude and I just changed my direct deposit back in Nov last year and had to put up with her attitude. I am a conflict avoider and I don't want to deal with her. If dealing with her is my only option, then I will.
FICO 9:

Message 4 of 21
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Update. The $2200 I transferred from state farm bank is showing up as a pending direct deposit. I will update when I do the transfer from wepay
FICO 9:

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@webhopper wrote:
That would be easy to do revelate except for the fact that my Human resource rep is very rude and I just changed my direct deposit back in Nov last year and had to put up with her attitude. I am a conflict avoider and I don't want to deal with her. If dealing with her is my only option, then I will.

LOL I'm not familar with Human Resources I just yell at my Marines but isn't the Human Resources rep suppose to be like the nice person that listens to everyones problems and stuff?  This is cracking me up!!

Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 21
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@webhopper wrote:
Update. The $2200 I transferred from state farm bank is showing up as a pending direct deposit. I will update when I do the transfer from wepay

Wierd, wasn't it just a standard ACH?  I wonder if that applies to other accounts too or we can even see that.  I do know I did a few transfers to a BOFA account recently when I really should've been charged a fee (and we all know BOFA's fee habits allow no leeway) otherwise and I didn't see one on my account.  Maybe ACH's do count?

        
Message 7 of 21
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Revelate wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

Wierd, wasn't it just a standard ACH?  I wonder if that applies to other accounts too or we can even see that.  I do know I did a few transfers to a BOFA account recently when I really should've been charged a fee (and we all know BOFA's fee habits allow no leeway) otherwise and I didn't see one on my account.  Maybe ACH's do count?

Ditto. That is odd. I did transfers from major banks (namely M&T Bank and WF) and other NFCU accts and no mention of a direct deposit was made. Maybe they don't see State Farm as a bank, but an employer? I dunno. From time to time they offered me $$$ to sign up for direct deposit. I wonder if you can get that by making regular deposits via State Farm?

Message 8 of 21
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I definately see it showing up as a pending direct deposit. Ya human resources is supposed to be nice but ours is aweful. I wanted to drop my daughters insurance and my husband was going to pick her up on his. Crazy devil told me no and three weeks later I told her I was going to call corporate and ask; suddenly she Could get it done for me.

For me if it didn't work I was going to have to change account types. I signed up for.e checking due to Atm fee rebates from non nfcu atms. State farm does this and its nice.
FICO 9:

Message 9 of 21
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

sorry webhopper not trying to go off topic but this is a great thread for us nfcu members. what is e checking? or are you talking about everyday checking? like others have mentioned you could have a portion of your check deposited to your account if you dont want to do that the new app on android or apple phones is awesome too. you can deposit a check right from your phone

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.