Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappearing Hard Inquiries on TU report

tag
yellowcake
Regular Contributor

Disappearing Hard Inquiries on TU report

Over the last month or so, 5 hp's have been "removed" from my TU report, according to Credit Karma. I sure am not complaining, but I'm wondering:

1. Is this permanent?

2. What's causing it?
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Disappearing Hard Inquiries on TU report

it seems to happen on TU and I LOVE it when it does... but they need to go faster for my applying habits! Smiley Tongue

Are they GE inquries, because they seem to drop the fastest... have no idea why.

Message 2 of 16
awiser
Regular Contributor

I posted on this a while back when it happened to me. It's not legit; the INQs are still on your actual TU report. It must be a CK glitch because all of mine are definitely still there. My INQs are actually added and removed constantly on CK.

Message 3 of 16
Marcos8
Established Contributor

Are they being filtered out maybe since they're older than a year and have no impact on scoring yet they're still on the real CR?

Message 4 of 16
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@awiser wrote:
I posted on this a while back when it happened to me. It's not legit; the INQs are still on your actual TU report. It must be a CK glitch because all of mine are definitely still there. My INQs are actually added and removed constantly on CK.

Although I'm inclined to say it's a case of YMMV but I can tell u in my case I lost about 12 or 15 inquiries (in two seperate updates) via CK and they were really gone on my actual TU report. And those inquiries weren't even due to fall off until next year. This happened to me around Sept/Oct last year and hasn't occurred again, well I only have 5 inquiries currently on TU so idc about it happening again or not.

Message 5 of 16
yellowcake
Regular Contributor

One of them was a GE inquiry, and then there was one Capitalone, 1 Wells Fargo, and 2 Barclays.

@Creditaddict wrote:

it seems to happen on TU and I LOVE it when it does... but they need to go faster for my applying habits! Smiley Tongue

Are they GE inquries, because they seem to drop the fastest... have no idea why.

Message 6 of 16
toi34
Established Contributor

If any of you are using any of the daily monitoring services to soft pull your credit reports then you are most likely inadvertantly *bumping the hard pulls off your reports. It only takes about 56 soft pulls on TU before the 57th causes a hard pull to *bump off, and so forth. The same thing happens with Equifax after 86 inqs (hard or soft), the 87th causes a hard pull to *bump off, and so forth.

I'm not sure about the exact science, but I remember reading something about that on here last summer.

Message 7 of 16
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@toi34 wrote:

If any of you are using any of the daily monitoring services to soft pull your credit reports then you are most likely inadvertantly *bumping the hard pulls off your reports. It only takes about 56 soft pulls on TU before the 57th causes a hard pull to *bump off, and so forth. The same thing happens with Equifax after 86 inqs (hard or soft), the 87th causes a hard pull to *bump off, and so forth.

I'm not sure about the exact science, but I remember reading something about that on here last summer.

For real, I guess it's soft pulling time for me then even tho I have few ATM. Just hate to see inquiries lol

Message 8 of 16
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@pip3man wrote:

@toi34 wrote:

For real, I guess it's soft pulling time for me then even tho I have few ATM. Just hate to see inquiries lol

It's not worth it: this procedure can also cause a split file and that's not something you want.  Inquiries aren't a big deal, and exploiting a flaw in the two bureaus' data systems for something so trivial, is dubious at best.

        
Message 9 of 16
lonelyisland
Frequent Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@pip3man wrote:

@toi34 wrote:

It's not worth it: this procedure can also cause a split file and that's not something you want.  Inquiries aren't a big deal, and exploiting a flaw in the two bureaus' data systems for something so trivial, is dubious at best.

So...I pull my report almost daily from USAA - not for this purpose, but to check on my report. Am I going to give myself a split file by doing so? 

Also, I am pretty sure that I have pulled way more than 57 reports, since I have been using the service almost daily since November. I dont think any of my inqs are bumping off early.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.