Just received my discover it card and they showed me my score through equifax
Experian 711
Equifax 701
Transunion 684
Message 41 of 52
Involver
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover Card Fico Score

When you receive the card they give your EQ score (that is who they pulled to extend you credit), but with your monthly statement you will receive your TU08.
Message 42 of 52
Sonic98
New Contributor

@ES07 wrote:

Is this an official change, or is this something random? I noticed that almost every bank, credit card, or any other service that offers a free score usually uses a TU score. Anyone have any idea why this is? 

Message 43 of 52
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Sonic98 wrote:

@ES07 wrote:

Is this an official change, or is this something random? I noticed that almost every bank, credit card, or any other service that offers a free score usually uses a TU score. Anyone have any idea why this is? 

No, Discover uses Equifax for credit card approvals on a regular basis: the FICO score they provide as a service to their cardholders is Transunion.

Reason is TU is actively pushing it: there are a few which offer EQ or EX scores.  DCU for EQ, PSECU, FBNO for EX at least.  Am guessing there will be more options over time but perhaps not soon.

        
Message 44 of 52
1_2
Contributor

Don't mean to hijack this thread but I have to ask....what is rebucketing? I've never heard that term. 

To the OP, I say enjoy your new high score! I will keep my fingers crossed for you that it's not a mistake. Please do come back next month and let us know. I just checked my Walmart and Discover fico's...both are the same. 735. Ugh! Thats what I get for opening too many new accounts. 

Closed on home Jan 30, 2013. Yay!

Capital One (secured) $1000.00 | Capital One (former Orchard Bank) $500.00 | First Premier $500.00 | Credit One Bank $750.00 | Wal-Mart $3550.00 | Citi Thank You Preferred $6,800.00 | Discover It $4,800.00 | AMEX BCE $4,500.00
Message 45 of 52
user5387
Valued Contributor

Buckets ("scorecards") are described here:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/FICO-Scoring-Buckets-or-quot-Scorecards-q...

This is a hard subject to pin down, but my understanding is that newer scoring models have around 16 scorecards.

From a statistical viewpoint, it makes sense to partition people into similar groups.

Message 46 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know this is an old thread, but does anyone know if the FICO offered by the Discover It is the same that you get with AMEX BCE? I'm planning on getting the AMEX in a couple months and I'm wondering if I'll be getting a completely different FICO reading or not, thanks!

Message 47 of 52
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I know this is an old thread, but does anyone know if the FICO offered by the Discover It is the same that you get with AMEX BCE? I'm planning on getting the AMEX in a couple months and I'm wondering if I'll be getting a completely different FICO reading or not, thanks!

discover fico is TU, and the amex one you got with your card is EX, so they are not the same. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 48 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

discover fico is TU, and the amex one you got with your card is EX, so they are not the same. 

thanks!

Message 49 of 52
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Have you checked your report? Looks like a derog was removed. Old late pay ? Old med collection? That jump is consistent with what I seen with last derog removal on reports.

Edit: Didn't see the date before posting.. Wow, how do these old threads get resurrected! 

If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 50 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.