Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT...need cli advice...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover IT...need cli advice...

Well I already have the Chase Freedom and the Citi Dividend.  The Freedom has the same cetegory benefit as the discover this quarter (Restaurants).

Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's true that there's some overlap between the Freedom and Discover rotating categories, but that makes the Discover card twice as valuable the first year as you'd be getting back 10% on those overlapping categories instead of just 5%.

I feel like Discover is a "great" card Year 1, then moves to a "good to fair" card from there on out, depending on how your rotating category spend is.

Message 22 of 26
Physh1
Frequent Contributor

Thank you everyone for the discussion...as far as a conclusion goes...

I just logged onto Discover today and they gave me an auto cli to $8900...hahahaha

I'm happy...maybe they read this?

Anyway, again, I appreciate the input here...

Cameron

Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Physh1 wrote:

Thank you everyone for the discussion...as far as a conclusion goes...

I just logged onto Discover today and they gave me an auto cli to $8900...hahahaha

I'm happy...maybe they read this?

Anyway, again, I appreciate the input here...

Cameron

Congrats on the auto-CLI.  Now, log into your account and hit the CLI button again.  There's a 50/50 chance that there's more money waiting for you and it may just need to be claimed.  This is known as the DDD (Discover Double Dip).  Give it a try and your day may get even better!

Message 24 of 26
Physh1
Frequent Contributor

I tried...didn't work...

Message 25 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh well, at least you tried.  You can rest assured now that you didn't leave any money on the table.  No big deal.

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.