Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT score..

tag
Hevj1119
Regular Contributor

Discover IT score..

I'm about to do some research but I'm confused... I thought the discover IT card statement had a legit fico score on it..  I thought it said equifax but my discover statement said 629 for eqfx but scorewatch says 67 eqfx. Why the huge difference?  Is discover going to send me FAKO scores every month? Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Discover IT score..

Discover uses TU, not EQ to generate the score. The model is a FICO 08

Message 2 of 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Hevj1119 wrote:

I'm about to do some research but I'm confused... I thought the discover IT card statement had a legit fico score on it..  I thought it said equifax but my discover statement said 629 for eqfx but scorewatch says 67 eqfx. Why the huge difference?  Is discover going to send me FAKO scores every month? Smiley Sad

Discover is a true Fico score and the monthly score is a TU08 model 

Edit Gdale beat me Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 7
Hevj1119
Regular Contributor

Ok on my welcome letter from Discover IT it says score 629 source Equifacx, but one that day I got a SW alert for equifax and it said 662 (went to 671 a few days later)

so why the drastic difference... Thoughts?

Message 4 of 7
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@Hevj1119 wrote:

Ok on my welcome letter from Discover IT it says score 629 source Equifacx, but one that day I got a SW alert for equifax and it said 662 (went to 671 a few days later)

You are talking about when you applied for your discover card! When I applied for my discover they pulled EQ also! My Discover letter had my score at 780 while myFico had my score at 794, so Discover uses a diffrent version of EQ than myFico. On your statement they use TU08 model as already stated

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 5 of 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Hevj1119 wrote:

Different EQ scoring models 

Scores are a snapshot of that day in time when pulled

It could be up today and down tomorrow depending on if anything changed during that time

FWIW there's 49 different Fico scoring models out there. Just depends on which one the lender wants to use and pay for 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 7
Hevj1119
Regular Contributor

Thanks all!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.