cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover gave me very little love after using luv button last month.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover gave me very little love after using luv button last month.

It looks like this is the norm for discover. Was hoping for at least a 2k limit but in all actuality, i don't use credit often. I see that your new line of credit is at 6.3k. How did you shoot up so fast? Auto or requested?

Message 11 of 12
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Discover gave me very little love after using luv button last month.

@disdreamin wrote:

At the time I asked for the CLI, my FICO 08 credit scores were all mid-800's, and I have a decent income (nothing spectacular, but nothing that should make Discover think I can't handle a $10K CL). 

As always, it is never just about score.  Having scores in the mid 800's is a very good sign but they aren't going to guarantee high CL's on its own.  There are certainly actions that could make a creditor cautious even if an applicant has high scores.

As just one exampple. there was plenty in my credit profile that supported 10K+ CL's as well.  I have a number of cards at much higher limits.  However, at the time I had opened a number of new accounts even though my scores were high --  not as high as yours but around 800.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.