Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover is combining login accounts.

tag
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

Discover is combining login accounts.

When I logged into Discover today, they combined my Deposit (savings/checking) and credit card logins.  Now my home screen is a basic white screen showing my CC and deposit account balances.  I can then click on either to send me to the old web sites.  A half step, but it is good to get rid of one login.  I assume the end goal is to integrate all of your accounts on one website.

This may be really good news for the few that have two Discover credit cards.  I am sure they would prefer to only have one login for both cards.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover is combining login accounts.

I saw that yesterday. I had two logins, one with savings,checking and it, another one for it miles. Both logins now show all the 4 accounts!!
Message 2 of 9
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

I randomly asked a Discover Representatve a few days ago if they would ever combine logins.  Representative informed me they have been rolling out Single-Sign On for all Discover accounts for the last couple of months and that all accounts are slowly being integrated.  She mentioned her personal accounts were updated with SSO back in June but my account wasn't eligible yet.  Not sure when they actually started the process though.

Message 3 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Too bad their credit scorecard isn't integrated with the same single signon.  I am not quite sure what my password is, and their reset password form is broken (won't accept numbers for the question on the first make of my car, silly siilly) and I haven't the foggiest idea who to tell to fix it either from their site... no contact point at all.  

Ah well, there's always Amex Smiley Happy.

        
Message 4 of 9
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

Too bad their credit scorecard isn't integrated with the same single signon.  I am not quite sure what my password is, and their reset password form is broken (won't accept numbers for the question on the first make of my car, silly siilly) and I haven't the foggiest idea who to tell to fix it either from their site... no contact point at all.  

If you call Discover and ask for their FICO support team, they provide the assistance for Credit Scorecard.

Message 5 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@JagerBombs89 wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

If you call Discover and ask for their FICO support team, they provide the assistance for Credit Scorecard.

Oh thanks dude!  Will do that next week.

        
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is good news. I have an online savings account and a credit card with them.

I asked about that initially. Glad to see it is finally coming true. I checked today and I am still awaiting the change. Hopefully it comes soon for me.

cwill961

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditDunce wrote:

When I logged into Discover today, they combined my Deposit (savings/checking) and credit card logins.  Now my home screen is a basic white screen showing my CC and deposit account balances.  I can then click on either to send me to the old web sites.  A half step, but it is good to get rid of one login.  I assume the end goal is to integrate all of your accounts on one website.

This may be really good news for the few that have two Discover credit cards.  I am sure they would prefer to only have one login for both cards.

Interesting, nice to see they are becoming more integrated.

I have two discover cards,  they aren't as yet joined and they have different ownership responsibities, so maybe they never will be on the same screen.

Discover is a problem because on one discover I am a joint owner, on another Discover IT card I am the individual owner, but they both use the same website.  If I try and log on with this computer to the first discover card their security fraud software wants to authenticate the computer as my private computer, but if I log into the second discover card it conflicts with the first authentication and then wants to send me a text code to make sure I am really the owner of the second card.  It happens every time I try and log on to one then the other.

On the second newer individual DiscoverIT card, I don't see my first joint Discover card.  I have a simlar situation with Chase, HOWEVER they show both my individual cards and my joint card on the same screen.

BUT with Chase I also log onto my wifes individual Chase Freedom card, there isnt a problem about authentication, however it does require me to enter a user ID and tell  Chase to "forget" that user ID however I still have to reenter my own user ID (because it also "forgot" ) to get onto my personal accounts. Likely if I became an AU on her card, then all chase cards it would then appear all on the same screen.

It was annoying at first, so I created a second user on this computer for two tradelines that don't co-exist easily on the same computer. The work around of having a second user on this computer solves both problems.

Message 8 of 9
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

Interesting solution to have two user IDs.  You could also try using two web browsers.  

While the Discover login linking is nice, Discover hasn't really combined the Deposit and Credit websites.  The old deposit and credit websites are still what you use to do everything.  To switch between the websites you have to go to Accounts->All Accounts to go back to the opening screen then select your second account.  I can see it as a first step for a new combined website.  The main thing for me is I have one less ID to keep track of.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.