cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover it Spruce design gets a lot of attention, and i dont know why.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover it Spruce design gets a lot of attention, and i dont know why.

Switched to the spruce design about a month or two ago, started using the card a lot. Everyday i get a compliment or someone asking about it.

I think people think its some kind of top tier card. Lol.

For example, went to best buy, handed my card to a cute cashier, and her face lit up. Started asking me about it, complimented how cool it looked. She said "Wow you must have really good credit to get one of these..." I just looked at her and laughed. 

Went shopping today and a merchant looked at it flipped it a few times, said wow this is a cool looking card!

I think this might be the best design, i like it in my wallet. 

Why do you guys think people assume is something special? Im wondering if its because of the color with the shiney foil. Ive carried all of the other colors, but only this one gets attention. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Strogen
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover it Spruce design gets a lot of attention, and i dont know why.

@Anonymous wrote:

Switched to the spruce design about a month or two ago, started using the card a lot. Everyday i get a compliment or someone asking about it.

I think people think its some kind of top tier card. Lol.

For example, went to best buy, handed my card to a cute cashier, and her face lit up. Started asking me about it, complimented how cool it looked. She said "Wow you must have really good credit to get one of these..." I just looked at her and laughed. 

Went shopping today and a merchant looked at it flipped it a few times, said wow this is a cool looking card!

I think this might be the best design, i like it in my wallet. 

Why do you guys think people assume is something special? Im wondering if its because of the color with the shiney foil. Ive carried all of the other colors, but only this one gets attention. 

Heh, get a Ritz Carlton then report back. Dont less than "educated" people like shiney things? Smiley LOL

Just start telling those people your personal banker got it for you or something... haha

807 TU FICO Score 8.
Message 2 of 10
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Why do you guys think people assume is something special?

No idea.  You'd have to ask those that think it is special.  Probably because it's not the standard design.

Message 3 of 10
alkaline
Regular Contributor

Does your Spruce card have an orange or a green it tab on the right? I just got my EMV spruce today and it has an orange tab while the photos I find online have a green tab. Just curious.

Message 4 of 10
zerbherb
Established Contributor

my magenta discover it gets comments almost on the daily its awesome.

;
Discover it 13300 cl nov 2014/ Everyday 26700 k march 2015/CSP 7.5k Feb 2016/ Freedom Unlimited 7k july 207
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Currently have the Pride design and received comments almost ever time I handed it over for a purchase. Before that was the NHL card and the same thing happened. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Currently have the Pride design and received comments almost ever time I handed it over for a purchase. Before that was the NHL card and the same thing happened. Smiley Happy

Lol, I haven't had many friendly cashiers recently. None commented on my Pride card yet.

Message 7 of 10
UncleB
Credit Mentor

When I app'd for my Discover, I specified that I wanted the spruce, but they sent me the blue instead.  This just reminds me that I should go online and re-request a spruce... LOL.  I'm having an issue with a 'fraud alert' at the moment (triggered by a balance transfer, believe it or not) so I'll probably just wait until that settles down... Smiley Frustrated

The new Pride design is nice as well... decisions, decisions... Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Guys guys!! A cashier finally noticed my pride design!!!
Message 9 of 10
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

I have the Copper one and I really like it!   One of my friends complimented it, but no cashier compliments yet.   I'm interested in getting the Pride and the Skyline designs, but I like my Copper a lot!

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.