Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover reporting anomoly

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover reporting anomoly

I recently opened a Discover It account that has just started reporting to the bureaus, and on two of them they accurately report one month history, but for Experian they're reporting positive history beginning way back in 2011. This is the first Discover account I've ever had so I'm not sure why they did it, but heck I guess that's fine with me. 

Anyone else ever have this happen? I wonder if it will auto correct itself.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover reporting anomoly

@Anonymous wrote:

I recently opened a Discover It account that has just started reporting to the bureaus, and on two of them they accurately report one month history, but for Experian they're reporting positive history beginning way back in 2011. This is the first Discover account I've ever had so I'm not sure why they did it, but heck I guess that's fine with me. 

That is really odd. I've never had or heard of this, but just out of couriousity where are you seeing this reporting? I, like  alot of people, use Credit Karma just to check my reports weekly anda few times I've had some odd stuff pop up with the dates and history. Regardless, it's certainly not a bad problem to have since it's reporting positively.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely weird. I wouldn't rock the boat with this one. Congrats!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That is really odd. I've never had or heard of this, but just out of couriousity where are you seeing this reporting? I, like  alot of people, use Credit Karma just to check my reports weekly anda few times I've had some odd stuff pop up with the dates and history. Regardless, it's certainly not a bad problem to have since it's reporting positively.

It's thru CCT, but I was mistaken on the bureau that it was reported to that way. It's Equifax and it goes back to 11/2011. It does show the correct date opened though. Weird.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.