Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discrepancy in scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discrepancy in scores

I have a 629 Equifax score with myfico.com and a 591 Equifax score with privacy assist of Bankofamerica.

Why is there a discrepancy in the same Equifax scores with different services

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

Re: Discrepancy in scores

Hi there, the score that you have from B of A is known as a "FAKO" score.. in other words, an unreliable score that can be up to around a 100 points difference compared to an actual FICO score that lenders use. I would not rely on credit scores from thirdparty websites except myfico, equifax.com (EQ score only), and transunioncs (TU score only). Hope that helps.
AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

Hi there, the score that you have from B of A is known as a "FAKO" score.. in other words, an unreliable score that can be up to around a 100 points difference compared to an actual FICO score that lenders use. I would not rely on credit scores from thirdparty websites except myfico, equifax.com (EQ score only), and transunioncs (TU score only). Hope that helps.
AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

How are you today. Thank you very much for the reply. I was just on the phone with privacy assist of BankofAmerica and they were telling me something about different services using different softwares.  

Well. That's good to know. Does this site also allow you to view your credit report? Or to just get your fico credit scores. 

Message 3 of 9
Scamp
Valued Contributor

rainmaker626 wrote:

How are you today. Thank you very much for the reply. I was just on the phone with privacy assist of BankofAmerica and they were telling me something about different services using different softwares.  

Well. That's good to know. Does this site also allow you to view your credit report? Or to just get your fico credit scores. 

Your report comes with the score when you buy it, so if you go to 'My Products' and click on the score you bought, you should then be able to click through to the items that make up your credit report. Smiley Happy

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

""I would not rely on credit scores from thirdparty websites except myfico, equifax.com (EQ score only), and transunioncs (TU score only). Hope that helps.""

Oh yeah, I forgot to ask. What about Experian? Can I go to their websites and get my credit score as well? Or is just myfico, equifax.com and transunion.com   (by the way, the acronyms EQ, TU stands for equifax and transunion right?)

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

SCamp quote

""Your report comes with the score when you buy it, so if you go to 'My Products' and click on the score you bought, you should then be able to click through to the items that make up your credit report.""

I am using the Free 30 day version of the myfico services...  Can I still see my credit report details?

Message 6 of 9
Scamp
Valued Contributor

rainmaker626 wrote:

""I would not rely on credit scores from thirdparty websites except myfico, equifax.com (EQ score only), and transunioncs (TU score only). Hope that helps.""

Oh yeah, I forgot to ask. What about Experian? Can I go to their websites and get my credit score as well? Or is just myfico, equifax.com and transunion.com   (by the way, the acronyms EQ, TU stands for equifax and transunion right?)

Nope, on EX(perian) - they only sell their Plus Score, or whatever it's called, on their site.  I think you can only get your EX FICO here.

On TU (TransUnion), make sure you go to transunioncs.com - that ending 'cs' is critical.

EQ(uifax)'s score from their site is a FICO.

Message 7 of 9
Scamp
Valued Contributor

rainmaker626 wrote:

SCamp quote

""Your report comes with the score when you buy it, so if you go to 'My Products' and click on the score you bought, you should then be able to click through to the items that make up your credit report.""

I am using the Free 30 day version of the myfico services...  Can I still see my credit report details?

So far as I know, yes - if you purchased a score, you should have an accompanying report.  But I did goof - it's called 'My Purchases'.  Click on your score on that page; that should take you to it.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much for the info. Scamp. I am in the process of trying to rebuild my credit.

And the sig is good inspiration as well....    Tough times dont last..  I sure hope they dont and I make things right again. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.