Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discrepant Reporting...violation?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discrepant Reporting...violation?

Byrdman told me yesterday that one of my past lenders may be in violation of FCRA because of discrepant reporting.  I am currently trying to get this TL deleted because it is quite bad!  I forgot to note in a post yesterday that part of the running delinquencies on this account were because of a late charge that carried over month to month.  THis loan was a coupon booklet loan not a statement loan, and I never realized that there was a past due late balance.  I made them aware of this and the discrepant reporting back in 2005 and they tried to work with me to straighten it out.  They kept all the lates, but fixed some of the reporting.  They told me that they send their info on disc to the cra's so the discrepancies weren't their fault.  (HUH???)

Anyway, as embarrassed as I am to post this, here are the discrepancies:

TU:
    30 days - 8-06, 6-05, 3-05, 1-05, 11-04, 7-04, 11-03, 9-03, 8-03
    60 days - 7-05, 2-05, 8-04, 5-04, 12-03
    90 days - 9-04, 6-04, 3-04, 2-04, 1-04

EX
    30 days - 8-05, 4-05, 1-05, 10-04, 7-04, 12-03, 11-03, 10-03, 5-03
    60 days - 9-05, 11-04, 2-04
    90 days - 4-04, 3-04

EQ (pulled myfico--how do I get all dates??)
    30 days - 9 times last 7-05
    60 days - 3 times last 8-05
    90 days 3 times last 4-04

I forgot to add that in October 2005 I went through all 3 reports with them and they fixed it so that everything matched up...don't know what happened to that??  They re-reported the old stuff innacurately?

Message Edited by jennhalcyon on 01-31-2008 04:21 AM

Message Edited by jennhalcyon on 01-31-2008 05:08 AM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discrepant Reporting...violation?

Sorry...this is REALLY LONG! Okay guys, could use some of your sage advice on how best to approach...Yesterday I sent this email to two exec's at the bank:

I am writing to you today to ask that Stonebridge Bank consider making a goodwill adjustment to the credit reporting agencies on my behalf.  I am asking you to please remove the adverse late payments from my credit reports.

As you will note, we had some trouble keeping up with our mortgage payments in 2004-2005.  We had our first child at that time and with my wife out of work, we could not afford an investment property we had purchased.  As a result, we fell behind on all of our payments.  The investment property took nearly a year to sell, at which time we finally regained some financial footing.  We had worked very hard after that time to maintain timely payments with all of our accounts, and you can see that for almost the last two years of our account we were doing so.

Once we recovered from our financial setback, we noticed that there were some reporting discrepancies amongst the three credit bureaus for our loan with Stonebridge.  My wife had worked with one of your representatives to fix this, although we learned that this was most likely the fault of the credit bureau since Stonebridge sent the information on disc.  Despite all the hard work on the part of my wife and Stonebridge, some discrepancies still exist.  I ask that you please consider making a goodwill adjustment to the reporting bureaus.  I recognize that you are not required to do so but, any consideration would be greatly appreciated, even if it means deleting the Stonebridge account entirely from my reports.

Regardless of your decision, please know that we truly enjoyed our relationship with Stonebridge Bank.  Your company gave us first-class service, and we do hope for the opportunity to have a loan with you in the future. Thank you for your attention to this matter.  

I got a reply from a different person.  She wrote:,

In regards to your email dated 1/30/2008, I am sorry to inform you that we will be unable to correct delinquencies dating back to 2004. Unfortunately, there have been too many delinquencies throughout the life of the loan. These delinquencies will have less impact on your credit score for each year that your credit accounts stay current.

If you have any further questions please call me at 610-235-1534.

I wrote back to her:

Thank you for your quick reply. I do understand your point, and I very much regret that I ever got myself in this position. For many years my credit was perfect, in the 800's, and I am still struggling to repair the damage that I had done to my good rating. Is there any way you can reconsider? Like I said, I do understand that you cannot correct my delinquencies, but can you just delete the TL, possibly in light of the strange reporting?

Please, if there is anything you can do, I greatly appreciate it.

I have not heard back yet, that was yesterday.  So, I don't know if she is ignoring it or trying to see what she can do, or if she is further reviewing my old acct for other info.  I thougth of a few other things last night, so I typed but DID NOT SEND this email:

My wife and I were looking through our files and we came across the name Deb C. in our notes.  It appears that at one point we had possibly been in contact with you regarding our Stonebridge discrepancies.  

Another thing I found in our notes but failed to mention yesterday is that a number of the rolling lates was due to an odd dollar amount (I do believe that we determined it was from a late charge) that continued to show my account as delinquent, which I questioned because I never was made aware of that additional past due amount. This loan was a coupon booklet loan as opposed to a statement loan, so I had no notification that there was that additional odd dollar amount present from month to month.  

Last, I know that when working to repair the discrepant reporting, we had gotten all reports to match up as of 8-05.  They no longer match up from the onset of the loan, which obviously is a concern for me.  

If it is possible, I would like to have copies of my account file.  Again, because this was not a statement account I do not have accounting records of when all payments were received, what amounts reported as past due, etc.  I would like to be able to match that information up again my reports to determine the inaccuracies.  If this is not possible, I am okay with deleting the TL entirely to save any future headache and heartache over trying to determine the accuracies vs. inaccuracies.

Thank you very much for your time and your attention to this matter.

So, my question to you all is should I wait and see if she gets back to me?  Should I send this to her now?  Should I send this to someone else now (on her reply to me, she cc'd the first two execs that i orginally emailed)?

Message Edited by jennhalcyon on 01-31-2008 06:48 AM
Message 2 of 3
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Discrepant Reporting...violation?

I am not sure of how the reporting system works. I know that the creditor sends information electronically or otherwise to the CRAs. But this is so far off, nothing is the same. The least that I think that we can expect is that the dates of delinquencies match up between the three CRAs. This makes me think that perhaps the bank is having a glitch in its system somehow.

I think that if you showed bank officials these discrepancies, they might be willing to delete. I would still try to get a response from yesterday's email first. Just send an email asking for an update. If no love, I would send copies of the CRAs (black out all other information not relevant to the bank) to the three top dogs (Pres/CEO, SVP-RBD & SVP-CCO).

I don't know about violation (someone else please weigh-in), but they are REQUIRED to report accurate information. This information can't be accurate, as the delinquency dates from the CRAs are all so different...puzzling. Don't let your trigger finger get itchy.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.