cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgruntled T-mobile employee charged me over 2700 dollars...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disgruntled T-mobile employee charged me over 2700 dollars...

I am active duty military deployed to Korea and was told by a T-mobile service rep that the international calling plan was free. Knowing this, I talked away. Then I saw a note on my bill for about 1500 dollars. I called in and the service rep didn't know why it was there so she deleted it from the account. Then I got a call from another service rep saying I owed 2700 dollars. He threatened to turn it over to a collections company and we went back and forth. He questioned my integrity, my honesty, and then my mother began to receive calls from the collections agency at all hours. Usually around 19:00. I didn't know what to do so I just didn't do anything. I checked my bank account online one morning and noticed something quite off. My account was negative about 2700 dollars. I called my bank and they said that T-mobile withdrew the money. I didn't authorize this at all. They reached their hand in my pocket without my authorization. My bank kicked the withdrawal attempt back. It happened 3 more times over the next week. I called T-mobile and they told me that the withdrawals were made by a disgruntled employee who now no longer works for the company. I asked them how much I still owed them because I was ready to pay off my bill. They told me that according to their records, I don't owe them any money. I asked the same question again. They confirmed it again. They said, "You don't owe us anything." I was really confused but happy at the same time because they just told me I didn't owe them anything. Now a collection has just come up on my credit report for the same amount I once owed them. A new collections agency too. The first time T-mobile called me about it was in August. It was all over by the end of September. Now this? I don't know what's going on and T-mobile owes me 70 dollars from all the NSF fees that were incurred when they overdrew my account. I'm already starting to save again so I can pay it off in March. What else can I do?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Disgruntled T-mobile employee charged me over 2700 dollars...

I would get to T-Mobile's Management ASAP and get them to make the CA go away. Get it in writing that their disgruntled employee screwed up etc. Copy this info to the CRAs. T-Mobile has to fix this ASAP or else send them an ITS letter and sue their butts.

More expert advice should come shortly from folks more experienced than I.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.