Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute EVERYTHING?

tag
rycoop
New Contributor

Dispute EVERYTHING?

Hi I'm very new to this group but I have a ton of questions. I've spent the last week reviewing everything that is on here... and learned a TON of very important information. I joined Score Watch on 11/27/07 with a low score of 477. I was shocked at all the stuff I had on my report. I have diputed EVERYTHING that is negative. I don't even know what some of those things are. Yesterday I got a notice that my score went up 9 pts. I sent some GW letters to a local collection agency for some old checks that were all paid in full over 2 years ago. Has anyone had any good response for those kinds of things? I also sent a GW letter to Cap 1 but after further research on these boards I've learned that they don't usually do the GW thing.
I had a bankruptcy in 2003 ... I see where it shows my JCP card was included on my CR, however, I paid that off prior to the BK. ALSO it shows one of my loans from a CU was marked included but that was paid off in full way before the BK. The CU has now been bought out by another bank. Should I dispute that or leave it? I don't know how much of an impact it has on the score when it actually says "INCLUDED IN BANKRUPTCY".

Anyways.. the point being this, I want to increase this crummy score and get back in the good. It's been a long up hill battle and I need to take responsibility and move forward.
ANY FEED BACK WOULD BE SO HELPFUL.
Thanks for everyone's posts... I've learned SO much. Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Re: Dispute EVERYTHING?

I don't have any advice other than 'stay around' you'll learn more!  So Welcome and 9 pts is quite good...I'll take it! 
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.