Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute Online or via USPS Mail

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dispute Online or via USPS Mail

Hi Everyone,

I am not sure the best and QUICKEST way to dispute incorrect information on my CR's. Is the online dispute method the way to go or is the more traditional way via USPS the best and more effective?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dispute Online or via USPS Mail

I've been having tremendous success disputing online thru TU and EX... Several things have been removed from DH's and my mother's credit reports.  Of course EQ is still done the old fashioned way and I'm waiting on those results for all 3 of us.  Unfortunately on my CR there isn't alot to dispute ~ I charged up and didn't pay...can't argue that Smiley Surprised
Message 2 of 7
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

It's been my experience that online is, by far, quicker -- but if you have any "special circumstances" such as charge offs, it's best done by CMRRR, as you can be more detailed in a letter than there are options to choose from online.  Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

MercyMe wrote:
It's been my experience that online is, by far, quicker -- but if you have any "special circumstances" such as charge offs, it's best done by CMRRR, as you can be more detailed in a letter than there are options to choose from online.  Smiley Happy

CMRR is what I have used... MUCH easier to track and create a follow up plan.

Rob
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much for the advice everyone!
I want the process to be quick, however, I do want to be able to have an opportunity to explain the situations regarding charge offs etc. So maybe the traditional way is best.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Noah posted a link on another thread for an online EQ dispute...I went tonight and disputed everything I needed to.  There is a space at the bottom of the page to send them a message ~ so I just explained what I needed to there.

Here's the link:

He also mentioned that you can dispute by fax and he's been having lots of luck doing that because you can attach whatever documentation you have regarding the dispute.  I guess you can find fax #'s for them on their websites!

good luck!
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much, I am reviewing the link right now!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.