Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute Pending???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dispute Pending???

I disputed an account because I did not sign as the responsible party on a hospital bill Jan 8. I had also disputed 2 other things on he report so 3 in total. I recived an e-mail saying my results were ready on Feb 8. Now this account is still pending with a date of
ACB RECEIVABLES MNGMT
Account Number: 163.... Outcome: Pending
Date: February 16, 2008
I thought that disputes take only 30 days??
I did recive a call from ABC that i didnt answer because they made me cry last time i talked to them. This is a paid bill from 2007.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dispute Pending???

will it matter if it is paid?
Message 3 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

The DV makes them prove you owe a debt. If they can't prove it they have to remove it from your CR. If you paid it, call the original creditor and tell them that it has been paid and you are not the responsible party. It is alright to talk to them, but do not talk to the CA. The same thing happened to me when my 21 year old son went to the emergency room. He signed his own paper as the responsible person but I got the collection notice with my name on it. I did call the CA and was told I had to prove he was not my son. I called the OC and they told me my name was not on it. I got two notices, sent them a letter and told them I would sue them if they continued to send me collection notices. My son does not even live with me. My name is in the computer at the hospital from when he had an appendectomy at the same hospital 8 years ago. And I called the CA before I knew better.

Message Edited by guiness56 on 02-23-2008 06:19 PM
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine is a little different. I am a stay at home mom and married. My insurance is under my husbands name. When it asks for the resposble party's name I had put my husbands info and then when it asks about insurance i put my husbands insurance. So if they look at the contract it is him that has taken the debt and not me. I do not work so i wouldnt sign as responsible for something I could not pay for.

Message Edited by amandarose1977 on 02-23-2008 06:29 PM
Message 5 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

When you say it has been paid, do you mean by the insurance company or by you and your husband? Just trying to figure out what direction to take with this.

Message Edited by guiness56 on 02-23-2008 07:11 PM
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

In most states, spouses are jointly liable for debts incurred during a marriage.  Do you really want to live in a world where stay at home parents are not able to get anything done on their own -- like it was a hundred years ago? 
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.