Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dispute Question

i have an account on my credit report that i have disputed with Equifax. Equifax replied with a copy of my credit report and states "the dispute account number is currently not reporting on your credit file". but when you look at the credit report it is there plain as day! any suggestions on what i can do to get this resolved
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dispute Question

Is it a judgement?
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

no its a CC that was included in a CH13 BK, it just seems odd that they say its not reporting but yet its there. the account is showing a bal and there are no lates on the account, this is the reason for my dispute it should be a 0 bal due to filing BK, instead they tell me its not reported....
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

weird. You may want to send in a copy of your report which shows that this account is indeed on your report.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have found when it comes to anything to do with the courts, BK, judgements etc. they screw up on the case numbers and this will cause you to GREY earily.  verify the I.D. numbers against eachother.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have checked all the account numbers and they do match i even had a friend double check it to make sure that i was not overlooking anything. so would it be wise to send them a copy of the remark of the account not being reported and a copy of the page where it shows the account with a dispute?
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.