Bulldog812

Dispute Question

i have an account on my credit report that i have disputed with Equifax. Equifax replied with a copy of my credit report and states "the dispute account number is currently not reporting on your credit file". but when you look at the credit report it is there plain as day! any suggestions on what i can do to get this resolved
Established Contributor
so_confused

Re: Dispute Question

Is it a judgement?
9/18/08 TU=707 EQ=706 EX=702
Bulldog812

no its a CC that was included in a CH13 BK, it just seems odd that they say its not reporting but yet its there. the account is showing a bal and there are no lates on the account, this is the reason for my dispute it should be a 0 bal due to filing BK, instead they tell me its not reported....
Established Contributor
Irvin

weird. You may want to send in a copy of your report which shows that this account is indeed on your report.
Established Contributor
so_confused

I have found when it comes to anything to do with the courts, BK, judgements etc. they screw up on the case numbers and this will cause you to GREY earily.  verify the I.D. numbers against eachother.
9/18/08 TU=707 EQ=706 EX=702
Bulldog812

i have checked all the account numbers and they do match i even had a friend double check it to make sure that i was not overlooking anything. so would it be wise to send them a copy of the remark of the account not being reported and a copy of the page where it shows the account with a dispute?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+