cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute a charge - dispute remarks on credit report - is this normal ?

tag
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Dispute a charge - dispute remarks on credit report - is this normal ?

I never had to dispute anything in the past so I am not sure if it is normal to see the following remarks on my credit  report from Chase: "Dispute resolved, reported by grantor"

Is this normal ?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Dispute a charge - dispute remarks on credit report - is this normal ?

Do you mean you disputed a charge on your card with chase and this showed up? Or you disputed the accuracy of how something reports on your CR in regards to an account?

I have a few of these comments on my reports but they have only shown up when I disputed the accuracy of how the account reports on my credit reports. 

Message 2 of 9
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@ddemari wrote:

Do you mean you disputed a charge on your card with chase and this showed up? Or you disputed the accuracy of how something reports on your CR in regards to an account?

I have a few of these comments on my reports but they have only shown up when I disputed the accuracy of how the account reports on my credit reports. 

Yes I disputed a charge on a Chase card which they took care of it and it came back with "seller accepted" and it shows on my credit report under remarks on that account now. Only on TU not on EX or EQ at this time. This looks weird to me.  Before disputing with Chase I did contact the seller but he was excellent in ignoring my mails.  It was a purchase on AliExpress with payment through AliPay which had a Chase card behind.  The order got placed in November and the seller used the worst shipping method (POS Malaysia) so after 2 months the item still in transit and AliExpress auto confirmed receipt and paid seller.  When I tried through chat to change status they said they could not do it.  I waited another month and since after 3 months nothing has reached and tracking still shows somewhere in Malaysia with no new update and a seller that does not reply  I decided to process through Chase with the tracking info as proof.  They did reverse the charge to AliExpress and AliExpress probably got a response from seller and that is what I received from Chase that seller accepted dispute.  Just does not make much sense to me to report this to CRA? Not sure if this is normal as I do not like to see this on my account Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 9
ddemari
Super Contributor

that is very interesting. i have never seen that before. If i come across anything via a google search I shall let you know.

Message 4 of 9
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

I never had to dispute anything in the past so I am not sure if it is normal to see the following remarks on my credit  report from Chase: "Dispute resolved, reported by grantor"

Is this normal ?

This has happened to me. But that's only on TU, with the comment: DRG: DISP INVG COMP-RPT BY GRNTR. I couldn't find it on the EX report.

When I first saw the acronym DRG, I think my heart skipped a beat; I thought it meant Derogatory.

Message 5 of 9
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

oh wow, that is weird! Ive never seen it before on disputing a charge on a CC, but I have seen it when disputing the accuracy of an acct on my actual Credit report. mmmm, I learn something new here everyday!
Message 6 of 9
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

@ddemari wrote:

Yes I disputed a charge on a Chase card which they took care of it and it came back with "seller accepted" and it shows on my credit report under remarks on that account now. Only on TU not on EX or EQ at this time. This looks weird to me.  Before disputing with Chase I did contact the seller but he was excellent in ignoring my mails.  It was a purchase on AliExpress with payment through AliPay which had a Chase card behind.  The order got placed in November and the seller used the worst shipping method (POS Malaysia) so after 2 months the item still in transit and AliExpress auto confirmed receipt and paid seller.  When I tried through chat to change status they said they could not do it.  I waited another month and since after 3 months nothing has reached and tracking still shows somewhere in Malaysia with no new update and a seller that does not reply  I decided to process through Chase with the tracking info as proof.  They did reverse the charge to AliExpress and AliExpress probably got a response from seller and that is what I received from Chase that seller accepted dispute.  Just does not make much sense to me to report this to CRA? Not sure if this is normal as I do not like to see this on my account Smiley Sad

Not sure of the purpose but as of now it's only Chase and only TU for me. 

Maybe they're starting to keep a tab of people who churn with disputes? Smiley Very Happy 

But you know what will be my even bigger peeve? I'm yet to see that but you never know... 

If cards start reporting claims: rental insurance, lost luggage etc on the report too Smiley Tongue Technically, it's not incorrect information, and we all know that insurance companies are using our credit reports to price their products. 

Message 7 of 9
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Ghoshida wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

Is this normal ?

This has happened to me. But that's only on TU, with the comment: DRG: DISP INVG COMP-RPT BY GRNTR. I couldn't find it on the EX report.

When I first saw the acronym DRG, I think my heart skipped a beat; I thought it meant Derogatory.

I can imagine the shock you got.  I almost panicked when I saw  there is a new account remark and went to check what this was supposed to be.  Wonder if that is to keep customers charge back at a minimum ? Wonder when these remarks will fall off the report again ..Smiley Sad ... I do not like to see this on my report and would no mind if it gets dropped off fast.

Message 8 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The CRA reporting manual provides for coding of disputes filed either under the FCBA (which relates to disputes of billing related matters on credit cards) or for the accuracy of information in a consumer credit report under the FCRA.

It is acceptable reporting under the CRA reporting manual, and not of concern.

It shows resolved, so there is no pending dispute flag to disrupt scoring.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.