Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute a closed/paid CO?

tag
Platinum25
New Contributor

Dispute a closed/paid CO?

Hello all,
I have been reading on these forums about how chargeoffs stay on your report for 7 years after the paid date.  My question is this....these CO's have been paid off for a couple of years now....do I even bother sending in a GW to have them removed?  My worry is that if I paid these off is 03 then I technically should only have 3 more years to pay on them, 7 years from the pay date.  If I start messing with the accounts now can the pay date somehow change to todays date (or the date they receive the GW) and then I'm screwed for another 7 years??  I haven't had a problem being approved for a loan or mortgage and up until recently (heavier than normal CC usage) my scores were borderling 700's.  I'm sending in some GW letters this week in the hopes of having some inquiries removed, but I'm not sure what to do with the CO's.....thanks!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dispute a closed/paid CO?

Paid date is the paid date... Nothing to lose here. Look for ANY inaccuracies and disputte, dispute, dispute.

Good Luck.

Rob
Message 2 of 5
debz
Valued Member

I'm in the same boat.  I have disputed in the past with no luck.  What kinds of discrepancies should I be looking for?
Message 3 of 5
Platinum25
New Contributor

OK I just wanted to make sure that they couldn't change anything because of an "inquiry" date as opposed to a "paid" date.  I guess at this point it wouldn't hurt to try, right?!
Message 4 of 5
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

ChiTownTimmay wrote:
OK I just wanted to make sure that they couldn't change anything because of an "inquiry" date as opposed to a "paid" date.  I guess at this point it wouldn't hurt to try, right?!

Nope! Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.