Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute came back??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dispute came back??

Well, I think I read that they can actually file and sue you past the SOL, but you can just have the suit dismissed on the grounds that it is past the SOL. It looks like a dirty trick that your lawyer should have caught.

Source:
http://www.cardreport.com/laws/statute-of-limitations.html
SOL: "This period starts when the debtor becomes delinquent. The fact that the SOL has "run" (expired) on a particular debt will not necessarily prevent a lawsuit from being filed (via a Summons And Complaint), but the defendant can have the suit dismissed on this basis."

Message Edited by iwantapony on 04-01-2008 10:15 PM
Message 11 of 16
boosie1979
Valued Member

So this brings me back to my orig ?. How can I get this off my credit report? Is there a chance or do I just have to wait for it to fall off.

I also have an issue that I mailed all three credit reports and only Trans has been returned. My problem is I did not send them cert. mail. It has now been well over 30 days mailed Feb 18th.  How do I handle this. Thanks
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

SerenityBound wrote:
Umm, okay Happy!

All of that looks great - lol, but let's pretend I'm 2 and break that down for me.

I guess my question is if I have a CO Verizon Wireless bill from 03 and the CA is also trying to collect on it and the SOL expired last year (MCM is the CA - trying to get them off now), what are the chances of VZ verifying if I send them an OC letter now after they've sold it?  I'm thinking pretty high.

Also EX and EQ refused to remove mcm from my reports after I sent them the rtn'd midland dv because they VERIFIED. URGH!  What to do about these jerks.Smiley Mad

Usually we all go by state SOL    In this case federal SOL is better....They can not file a lawsuit after 2 years.     It says nothing about reporting.   BUT when you are past SOL  at least you are safe to contact OC  CA  
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

boosie1979 wrote:
So this brings me back to my orig ?. How can I get this off my credit report? Is there a chance or do I just have to wait for it to fall off.

I also have an issue that I mailed all three credit reports and only Trans has been returned. My problem is I did not send them cert. mail. It has now been well over 30 days mailed Feb 18th.  How do I handle this. Thanks

You stated that it was not yours....the OV stated that you do not owe.   Sprint is still reporting correct  not a CA????? 

If sprint the OC is the only one reporing   send them to OC letter  CMRRR

Notify the CRAs  CMRRR  that you requested your FREE CR  on date   you never received them. OR call them.

As to the Dr.   this is reported by a CA    send 2 DVs  one for each account  CMRRR
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

SB   the only reason to send the OC letter is to get complete account history.....which can be used to be sure of DOFD/DOLA  forever   That is IF the OC still has the records since they sold the account

An OC only hase to answer the OC letter after they have verified with the CRAs

Some creditors delete accounts after 2 years   some keep them and some blacklist you. They are all different! Just because they sold the account doesn't always mean that they do not have them.

But the chances are good that the CA doesn't
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

HD your breakdown of this whole situation is the best I've read Yet!!! For all the people with this problem, no one should ever have another question. This thread said it all. I have been trying to get this clear concise breakdown since I've been on the forum. BIG UPS!!!
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.