Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute came back??

tag
boosie1979
Valued Member

Dispute came back??

I rec'ed my investigation back and some of my medical collection stated deleted. Others stated Not on File. This was via TransUnion. What does that mean for my credit score? Since they are nof will that up my score? Now I also have a sprint bill which is on there that was disputed which is incorrect. I had the same sprint # for over 5 yrs and never a break in service. When it came back verified that I owe $102 I call cs and they stated they do not show that on my account. I was transferred to someone in finances who stated they would research and call me back where that is showing as they do not show any outstanding balances on my account. Now my last problem is trying to reach two of my medical physician for which I know my account has no balance b/c I paid before my last services were rendered $57 and $85. Can anyone pls tell my why did these still come back verified based on the date the report show they went to collection I went to those physicians since then and again the adv'ed I had to pay the outstanding balances before they would see me on those visits which I did. What now? Thanks
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dispute came back??

boosie1979 wrote:
I rec'ed my investigation back and some of my medical collection stated deleted. Others stated Not on File. This was via TransUnion. What does that mean for my credit score? Since they are nof will that up my score? Now I also have a sprint bill which is on there that was disputed which is incorrect. I had the same sprint # for over 5 yrs and never a break in service. When it came back verified that I owe $102 I call cs and they stated they do not show that on my account. I was transferred to someone in finances who stated they would research and call me back where that is showing as they do not show any outstanding balances on my account. Now my last problem is trying to reach two of my medical physician for which I know my account has no balance b/c I paid before my last services were rendered $57 and $85. Can anyone pls tell my why did these still come back verified based on the date the report show they went to collection I went to those physicians since then and again the adv'ed I had to pay the outstanding balances before they would see me on those visits which I did. What now? Thanks

They came back verified b/c when a CRA verifies information.......they only make sure that your name, ss #, etc that is reported match what the person reporting it has.

You need to send MOV to the CRA.

You said that "you had to pay outstanding balances before they'd see you" -- was they reported between the time you incurred the debt and when you paid? Or reported after you paid.

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

boosie  you need to break your post up a little and give more info. like who is reporting the OC or CA.

Did you only dispute with 1 CRA  TU?     Im guessing that not on file means that they are not reporting  the name or account # that you disputed.

Most medical are not reported by the Dr.or hosp....they turn them over to a CA.

You would need to send the CA  a DV letter  CMRRR
Message 3 of 16
boosie1979
Valued Member

Thanks for the rsp: For my sprint bill "Cavalry portfolico svcs" is reporting $102 placed in collection 2006. For a hospital bill Medical data systems inc is reporting $375 placed in collection 11/2004 showing delete dt 09/2010. Receivables Management is reporting two for the physicians that I pd $57 which shows $0 balance and $196 shows past due which I pd also removal dt 06/2009 when looking closely it shows reported 09/05 and that I pd it 02/2006. This collection agency is based back in the state I used to live in SC. I sent disputes to all major three this is the only one back yet. Should I contact the physcian's office to GW the one that shows pd and for the other that still show the 196 once cleared up with the physician office should I do the same. I have already requested sprint send me something indicating they show no past due balance on my account. I'm on the right trach thus far I obtained an secure visa with my cu for which limit $300 I only use to put gas on once a month $40 and pay in full to help my scores. tu 619 ex 539 exp 644. These are my original scores I'm waiting until the other disputes are back to pull another report to see where I stand. My goal is to purchase a new car Toyota Cam and I want the best rates so I can have an afforable payment. Anyone pls advise based on the info supplied thus far. thanks 
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

boosie you will find more people will answer your post if the can read it. Try to break it up for easier reading.

Once a collection always a collection.....FICO treats paid & unpaid the same!

All cell phone has Federal SOL  of 2 years      this is past SOL

The Dr....   this looks like a CA reporting not the Dr.   send a GW to the one paid & a PFD for they one owed.
        Keep in mind that any creditor can use the SOL where the debt incurred or where you live now!

The CA can be in china  and still file suit in any state! and keep reporting!

Know the SOL   know if you are dealing with an OC or a CA   they are handled different. The OC will always have their name (Cap1)  Most medical are reported by Cas.

Because you disputes all of these  you need to wait for all 3 CRAs to answer    look to see if anything dropped.
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

HappyDays wrote:

All cell phone has Federal SOL  of 2 years      this is past SOL

Can you elaborate on this please Happy!

Thanks!
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

§ 415. Limitations of actions

a) Recovery of charges by carrier
All actions at law by carriers for recovery of their lawful charges, or any part thereof, shall be begun within two years from the time the cause of action accrues, and not after.
(b) Recovery of damages
All complaints against carriers for the recovery of damages not based on overcharges shall be filed with the Commission within two years from the time the cause of action accrues, and not after, subject to subsection (d) of this section.
(c) Recovery of overcharges
For recovery of overcharges action at law shall be begun or complaint filed with the Commission against carriers within two years from the time the cause of action accrues, and not after, subject to subsection (d) of this section, except that if claim for the overcharge has been presented in writing to the carrier within the two-year period of limitation said period shall be extended to include two years from the time notice in writing is given by the carrier to the claimant of disallowance of the claim, or any part or parts thereof, specified in the notice.
(d) Extension
If on or before expiration of the period of limitation in subsection (b) or (c) of this section a carrier begins action under subsection (a) of this section for recovery of lawful charges in respect of the same service, or, without beginning action, collects charges in respect of that service, said period of limitation shall be extended to include ninety days from the time such action is begun or such charges are collected by the carrier.
(e) Accrual of cause of action for transmission of message
The cause of action in respect of the transmission of a message shall, for the purposes of this section, be deemed to accrue upon delivery or tender of delivery thereof by the carrier, and not after.
(f) Enforcement petition
A petition for the enforcement of an order of the Commission for the payment of money shall be filed in the district court or the State court within one year from the date of the order, and not after.
(g) “Overcharges” defined
The term “overcharges” as used in this section shall be deemed to mean charges for services in excess of those applicable thereto under the schedules of charges lawfully on file with the Commission.
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Umm, okay Happy!

All of that looks great - lol, but let's pretend I'm 2 and break that down for me.

I guess my question is if I have a CO Verizon Wireless bill from 03 and the CA is also trying to collect on it and the SOL expired last year (MCM is the CA - trying to get them off now), what are the chances of VZ verifying if I send them an OC letter now after they've sold it?  I'm thinking pretty high.

Also EX and EQ refused to remove mcm from my reports after I sent them the rtn'd midland dv because they VERIFIED. URGH!  What to do about these jerks.Smiley Mad
Message 8 of 16
boosie1979
Valued Member

Umm... So what does this mean for me? Since outside of sol can I have them remove this from my credit report or do I have to let it drop off?
Message 9 of 16
momof2
Frequent Contributor

i came across this post and have a question, the SOL for cell phones is 2 years, does that mean that the cell phone company can only sue w/in 2 years? what if the cell phone comp passed it to a CA does the 2 year rule still apply to the DOFD? i ask cause i had cingular wireless, it was passed to a CA and in mid 2007 they sent me forms that they CA was suing me, the DOFD was in 2005, i was able to settle w/ the help of a lawyer to stop the lawsuit, however if it is true about the 2 years then do i have legal action for them trying to sue me past the SOL?  Also the CA told me that they would report to all CRA that the account was paid, they did report but to only 2 of them, i have disputed SEVERAL times and all times comes back as remains, should i send a copy of the letter to the CRA that the account is paid and that they need to properly report the correct info?
FICO2/10=EQ= 564

FICO2/10=6012/10-FACO TU 578;3/10=643
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.