Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute for Equifax

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dispute for Equifax

I got an alert via MyFico that my credit score got a jump by 10 points due to a 4.38% 30 year mortgage....um....I haven't even applied for any kind of mortgage, ever. I went to go make a dispute at Equifax but it says that I don't have a mortgage. What do I do? I'm very concerned and confused.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dispute for Equifax

Call Equifax directly tomorrow and see what is going on. If it is an error, you can file a dispute whilst on the phone with them.

Message 2 of 4
iv
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I got an alert via MyFico that my credit score got a jump by 10 points due to a 4.38% 30 year mortgage....um....I haven't even applied for any kind of mortgage, ever. I went to go make a dispute at Equifax but it says that I don't have a mortgage. What do I do? I'm very concerned and confused.

I wish that MyFico would remove that "feature"... it confuses more people... and it's wrong these days, anyway.

You have nothing to worry about.  You don't suddenly have a mortgage.  Your score change was not due to a mortgage.

When MyFico sees your score increase past certain thresholds, it flags that to "let you know that you may qualify for better mortgage rates".

Although since the score alerts are all FICO8-based these days, it's not just confusing - it's also wrong. (Since mortgage rates aren't based at all on FICO8 scores.)

Don't worry about it.

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 3 of 4
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I got an alert via MyFico that my credit score got a jump by 10 points due to a 4.38% 30 year mortgage..

Always refer to credit reports from before and after the change to determine the cause(s) of a scoring change.  Do not rely solely on myFICO alerts.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.