cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute "updated" what the heck does that mean?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dispute "updated" what the heck does that mean?

I JUST RECIEVED AN E-MAIL FROM EXPERIAN RE: A DISPUTE FILED ABOUT TAX LIEN THAT DID NOT SHOW PAID . THE RESULTS WERE THAT THEY WOULD "UPDATE" MY RECORDS..DO YOU THINK THIS WILL IMPROVE MY SCORE AT ALL? IT'S STARTING TO MAKE ME INSANE AND IF I GO INSANE, WHO WILL RAISE MY CHILD?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dispute "updated" what the heck does that mean?

juliemgates wrote:
I JUST RECIEVED AN E-MAIL FROM EXPERIAN RE: A DISPUTE FILED ABOUT TAX LIEN THAT DID NOT SHOW PAID . THE RESULTS WERE THAT THEY WOULD "UPDATE" MY RECORDS..DO YOU THINK THIS WILL IMPROVE MY SCORE AT ALL? IT'S STARTING TO MAKE ME INSANE AND IF I GO INSANE, WHO WILL RAISE MY CHILD?

A paid tax lien should help your score a bit. Maybe your child can hang out with my child once i go in sane!!! LOL....no really, this credit crap has definently caused  some nerve endings to completely fry....but it does get better with time, patience, and just being responsible!! Good luck...and let us all know if you do get a jump in your score!!!
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

They will update to paid and release of tax lien as mine have just done that...
Mine raised about 20 points on each report just from the county tax lien I paid
earlier this year, I think it is a good thing to show paid and release of tax lien.
remember they will never go away if not paid so the sooner they are
paid the better..
I read somewhere recently that they will restart the clock at the 15 year mark if
not paid so paying is better and they can legally start the 7 year dropoff clock from the date
you pay off the lien.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks so much you guys........I'll tell my daughter to unpack!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.