cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute results in but now confused please help!!!!!

tag
notw1031
New Contributor

Dispute results in but now confused please help!!!!!

I was disputing some accounts that still had balances owed and past due which should have been IIB. But now the dispute results came back on EQ and EXP and they updated them to "Charge Off- closed with the new updated date of 4/2011" even though I did Chapter 7 BK 4/2008 and included them. They had stopped reporting it as of 1/2008 but it still showed money owed and balance and payment due. But I take it that since they Charged it off before I initiated the BK  that they can put "meets FCRA" and now has a 0 balance and nothing past due?

So now will this hurt my credit worse now that they updated and it has that status? I am regretting doing the dispute as it last reported 1/2008 and now its reporting closed Charge off 1/2008-4/2011 consumer disputed meets FCRA and KD for the past 3 years which wasn't there before...... Can anyone shed some light on this?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Dispute results in but now confused please help!!!!!

Locking this thread. The same question is asked in post #12 here: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Disputing-CC-with-CRA/td-p/887030.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.