cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute w/ Transunion

tag
jenifer

Dispute w/ Transunion

Hi all, Im pretty new here so I would like to get some advice on how to go about handling a dispute I sent out to Transunion.  I recently pulled my credit scores here on Myfico and noticed that an old  Capital One account that has been charged off account has been listed on my Transunion credit report twice, once in the collections section and also in the accounts section as a bad account.  Its not listed that way on my experian or equifax report, so I sent them dispute letter back on March 4, 2008 - I still have not heard back from them as of yet.  Since its almost been 30 dys, should I contact them to verify that they received the dispute letter or should I re-dispute it?  I made the mistake of not sending my dispute letter certified mail, so I really don't know how to go about this.. any advice?  
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dispute w/ Transunion

They have 30 days to respond  I would also give them 5 more days for mail.  Never file any dispute before another dispute is still open.....
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.