Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dispute

Disputing can not cause items to remain longer on your report, legally. CRTP is based on DOFD/closed date(for positive accounts) and can not be changed once it is set.

However, as mentioned, disputing accurate information is not permitted and can lead to many negative results.

How about just writing the OC a very nice worded GW letter explaining the situation and how it effects you, asking them to remove the account?

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Once again thanks Guardian, I didn't dispute it from CRA's because I know thats accurate information

so what I did I call bally's total fitness to take it off then the person i'm talking to he said he will send a dispute

to their internal credit dept. is it possible that I could see a dispute on my CR? even I call bally and they 

will send a dispute on their own internal credit?

I really don't know what to do because this account is not my fault its accurate but I did not know that 

they will put this account to my CR sincr its only a trial and now my AAoA is down to 2yrs because of this

did I do the right thing to call bally to take it off or I create a much bigger problem. Thank you Guardian.

Message 12 of 20
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Disputing can not cause items to remain longer on your report, legally. CRTP is based on DOFD/closed date(for positive accounts) and can not be changed once it is set.

However, as mentioned, disputing accurate information is not permitted and can lead to many negative results.

How about just writing the OC a very nice worded GW letter explaining the situation and how it effects you, asking them to remove the account?

I stated that based on my personal experience of Experian shifting the drop off date after a dispute was declared "verified" which was bogus and it has been hurting me for an extra 2 years as a result. So you can rely on the law and say it shouldn't extend but I have seen it happen. So all we can do is hope it doesn't. I guess I was one of the unlucky ones.

Message Edited by Guardian on 03-03-2009 08:41 PM

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 13 of 20
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Once again thanks Guardian, I didn't dispute it from CRA's because I know thats accurate information

so what I did I call bally's total fitness to take it off then the person i'm talking to he said he will send a dispute

to their internal credit dept. is it possible that I could see a dispute on my CR? even I call bally and they 

will send a dispute on their own internal credit?

I really don't know what to do because this account is not my fault its accurate but I did not know that 

they will put this account to my CR sincr its only a trial and now my AAoA is down to 2yrs because of this

did I do the right thing to call bally to take it off or I create a much bigger problem. Thank you Guardian.

Good call. Going to them directly will either succeed or not and usually doesn't appear on your CR. If they agree with you and decide to remove in good faith then it will come off your report and if not then it just stays there, no harm done. Unless they decide to get mean and vindictive and try to send updates to make it look worse which is unlikley although possible. You are most welcome, good luck.

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Guardian, if their mean and update the account what action they will do to make that account

worse or negative? Thanks again now i'm a little bit enlighten.

Message 15 of 20
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you Guardian, if their mean and update the account what action they will do to make that account

worse or negative? Thanks again now i'm a little bit enlighten.

Don't let that worry you. I just felt obligated to let you know that was a possibility, it doesn't often happen. So don't worry about it but depending on what information were missing originally and was updated, it COULD hurt you or it could make no difference. Usually no difference unless they add information which wasn't there before but now appears. Don't worry too much as we all take that risk when we dispute something.

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much guardian you really fill up my knowledge in this case... can I messege you and ask for advice

if I got an updates from them...

Message 17 of 20
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you so much guardian you really fill up my knowledge in this case... can I messege you and ask for advice

if I got an updates from them...

You are welcome, and certainly you can PM me if you have any questions. We all had to learn sometime and somehow and there are alot of wodnerfully knowledgable people here who make it easy to learn and become an expert. So give it time and you will be giving advises of your own. Smiley Wink Having personal experience going through it doesn't hurt either Smiley Tongue

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you need to change you name to GOD!!!! lol your the best guardian 4 real ! ! !

:smileyhappy:

Message 19 of 20
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I think you need to change you name to GOD!!!! lol your the best guardian 4 real ! ! !

:smileyhappy:

I am humbled thank you. but trully that title would have to go to alot of other wonderful people here before I can ever make a play for it. really. but thank you, I appreciate the sentiment.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.