Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dispute

Good plan of attack

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: I emailed CO about noon on Friday, apparently they called at 2pm and left message on our home phone (we don't check that phone often). Lady stated "they received my letter and would have a resolution by no later than March 23rd. Said I could call if had any further questions." Not sure if good sign or not. Hopefully doesn't create more issues. Thanks!
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please post the results and if another step is necessary 

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely, as of today haven't seen any change. Hopefully they will understand and correct.
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting close to a week since CEO responded, but no change yet. Not sure if it would have showed up yet if correction was sent in to remove.
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

K, I'm very confused. My Equifax went back up 50 points however the negative late payment still shows. Citibank updated record but shows in remarks "customer disputes after resolution". Went from 764 to 819. Can't figure out how score went back but negative still there. Could it be that it's not finished updating report?
Message 16 of 18
Kree
Established Contributor

This is a hypothesis i've been working on, so take it with a grain of salt.

I believe that there are 3 states for monthly reporting.   On time, not reported, and late.

On time is good

Not reported is good

late is bad.

I believe though that the "not reported" is simply a blank field.  A null if you will.  And I believe that if a month previously had a "on time" or a "late" reported, the null does not always override the previous reporting properly.

So your score is calculated as having no lates, but whereever you are looking at the report still has the old information.

The same can happen the other direction. A late is rerecorded as "not reported", but the actual scoring is still low because the 30d information wasn't overwritten properly.

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had sent email to CEO, but resulted in negative comment on credit report. I had also sent letters to address on credit report for the company and now have received an email requesting us to call to get additional details "Additional information is required". After the first response not sure if we should call. Would it be a good idea to follow up on this letter? Thanks

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.