Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputed Collection Deleted?

tag
Miner
Frequent Contributor

Disputed Collection Deleted?

For over a year I've been wondering about how a paid collection was showing up on my FICO report as an installment loan on my EX report while showing as a collection on the other 2.  When the info was read, it clearly was indentified as a collection and yet it was still classified as an installment.  I asked questions here about is this normal for EX or is it better on my score as an installment with a single 120+ late or as a collection and never got a clear answer.

So I finaly decided to dispute it with EX.  I disputed that the information was recorded wrong and that it was being classified as an installment loan with a 120+day late when it was in fact a collection account.  The response came the next day that it was deleted.  I was in shock as I wasn't expecting that as a response.  The collection was by Calvary Portfolio for a Sprint account that went bad in 2003.  It was to fall off in April 2010.

Is this the last I will see of it on my EX report or is Calvary likely to update latter and have it show up again?  And yes, it is still on my other 2 reports since I didn't dispute how it was classified on those.

Message Edited by Miner on 10-02-2008 04:21 PM
Current FICO8: EQ:782, TU:754, EX:767 | 1x 30 day late 6yrs ago
AAoA: 10 years; AAoOA: 13 months; Credit Length: 21 years
INQ Eq: 3 / Tu: 5 (4 for auto) / Ex: 9 (5 for auto)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disputed Collection Deleted?

Oh, I hate when companies report a collection as an installment. I had a medical debt like that once (But they debt was from before I was 18, so It was taken off)

if the debt is accurate it will show back up most likely. I hear they are hard to deal with and stick to their guns.  

Message 2 of 3
Miner
Frequent Contributor

Re: Disputed Collection Deleted?

I just checked my reports again at my Chase ID Protection service.  For some reason that collection has also been deleted from my EQ report.  I didn't dispute it on EQ and since it wasn't suppose to come off until 2010, the only way for it to have come off is Calvary Portfolio deleting it?  I don't understand whats going on, but I'm liking it.  And I just check and it was deleted off my TU report.  So, though I wasn't disputing the validity of the debt, Calvary seems to have deleted them all due to my dispute.

I gained 16pts on EX, 21pts on EQ, and when I pull my TU score in 2 weeks, I'll see how much I gained there.

Message Edited by Miner on 10-06-2008 03:40 PM
Current FICO8: EQ:782, TU:754, EX:767 | 1x 30 day late 6yrs ago
AAoA: 10 years; AAoOA: 13 months; Credit Length: 21 years
INQ Eq: 3 / Tu: 5 (4 for auto) / Ex: 9 (5 for auto)
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.